My 03 lowerd today pictures

Squeeler92

S13 said:
im just sayin i dont like it when people have plates in that state something like
V8killR or youlose you know what i mean specially when they cant back it up
but then again, put the same mods on a Z and both of you run just 2 see what happens :shrug:

Why come in here to a SVT/Ford and say that? :bash:

Nothing will come of it...you're just gonna get bashed in 2131089798 different ways. :poke: :nono:

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
FordMustangLove said:
your car is not going to ride so well..give it time, and second cuting springs is the most cheapest rice mod out there

Why should it change any? If he has already been riding around on the stock springs for more than 10,000 miles I don't think they will change much more.

I am curious as to why you say that because that was the first thought into my head, then I started to think about it more and more and it does not seem like a bad idea. I might be doing it as well, so give some technical feedback on why you think it will change?

Thanks

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
There is no problem with cutting the stock springs since they are linear rate. A lot of people are misinformed and automatically call it a "ricer mod".

Your car looks excellent man, that is the perfect drop. :rockon:

HIErPwRd

Established Member
StreetProvenTQ said:
Why should it change any? If he has already been riding around on the stock springs for more than 10,000 miles I don't think they will change much more.

I am curious as to why you say that because that was the first thought into my head, then I started to think about it more and more and it does not seem like a bad idea. I might be doing it as well, so give some technical feedback on why you think it will change?

Thanks

pretty sure this will wear out your shocks/struts quicker...
have been told that most 99 guys with average mileage cars can usually get by for 6,000 miles or so with a moderate drop on stock shocks/struts...

btw, anyone know what the oem shocks/struts are on 99's??
pretty sure the springs are the same?? :shrug:

im going to cut prolly a coil/coil and a half off my 99 and see how ling i can get by on otherwise stock suspension, then when the time comes get a set of 03 bilstiens...

cutting springs got a bad rap from kids trying to put family sedans on the ground, cutting (usually melting) 3-4 inches off... :poke:

98Vobra

Established Member
FordMustangLove said:
your car is not going to ride so well..give it time, and second cuting springs is the most cheapest rice mod out there

I guess you need to spend money where it is not needed!

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
I drove my car all day today,I havent scrape nothing, tires dont rub the fenders,car looks good and it rides fine. thanks guys for compliments,the guys that dont like it, I just wanted to try something new. :shrug:

ROADKILL

Established Member
Is it just me, or does the rear look a little lower than the front? Pretty good looking job though. Not trying to find fault, just making an observation.

GMEATER

U can cut 1 coil off any spring out there from factory or aftermarket if u cut more then 1 coil u have a problem. car looks good i'm doing the samething to my 03

z-eater

stock with pulley
Established Member
yellosnake said:
U can cut 1 coil off any spring out there from factory or aftermarket if u cut more then 1 coil u have a problem. car looks good i'm doing the samething to my 03

That is what I did. 1 coil on each spring. :rockon:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
omgad!, i havnt been here in a couple of days and some bitch with a shitty 240sx talks trash about a cobra!?

thats a shame and ****en hilarious at the same time, being that i drive a '97 240sx which is 10000000000000000000000000000000000x better than a shit box old 240sx, and hilarious because hes talking shit when his car is ****en slow, sorry to point that out, even if u did have the usual sr20 conversion your 240 is still slower than a bone stock '03-'04 cobra.

let me sum it up:
your "s13" is fuggin ugly, its the type of car that only a mother would love
drifting is not the fastest way around a race track
looks s14 > s13

go watch mtv where they "pimp" an "s13"

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
I took my Eibachs off today and put my factory springs back on with 1 1/8 coil cut off in the front, and 1 coil in the back. Sits about the same as the Eibachs in the front and a little lower in the back, rides better too.

Users who are viewing this thread