My 03 SB Cobra stance progression *pic heavy*

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Since i purchesed my cobra a year ago i have changed my mind on the suspension a lot. Initially she was sitting on the stock cobra springs. Next step was to have it on the H&R Sports springs with ISOs in. Last and my most satisfying was the Maximum Motorsports Coilover kit me and my buddy installed. Meant to post this a while ago. But finally have the time. Image quality varies. sorry. Thanks for looking:beer:

Stock Springs
IMAG0703.jpg

IMAG0702.jpg

DSCN2176.jpg

H&R Sport Springs ISOs in
DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Maximum Motorsports Coilovers
DSC_7522.jpg

DSC_7517.jpg

DSC_7490.jpg

DSC_7546.jpg

DSC_7612.jpg

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Looks good. I have coilovers on the front and H&R Race on the rears. Wouldn't have done coilovers if it wasn't necessary for my headers. Im not a fan of the ride quality with them.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Looks great!! I would do coil overs if the roads in Illinois didn't totally suck!! How is the ride quality? Really, how bad is it? Why is it bad, and what makes it that way? Is it just because it is loud?

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Looks great!! I would do coil overs if the roads in Illinois didn't totally suck!! How is the ride quality? Really, how bad is it? Why is it bad, and what makes it that way? Is it just because it is loud?

I have no issue with the ride. I love it, and when it comes to noise i dont know, i drive with my window down, radio off and listen to the exhaust tone

va boy

Established Member
It's perfect, and I have and I have a serious man crush on your car. Only wish I could get away with mine slammed like that, I have a bit of a steep driveway,it's a no go for me, comgrats to you, one of the best I've seen@

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
I have to agree with the guys, you car looks phenomenal. Do you ever scrape on anything? If not, did the coil-overs do the trick, or was there something else you had to do to it to make it sit so low without scraping? Thanks.

Richie

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
It is no where as low as the coil overs will let it go. I have the rear fenders rolled. i do scrape a little on hard transitions. But it really isnt that bad. Every now and then i adjust it a little, it is higher that is was originally

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
damn that thing is fuggin SLAMMED. looks GREAT! i could never do that to mine though. i DD my car year round, and just know it would get tore the fuggup, with it sittin THAT low. looks great though man! glad SOMEONE is out there doin the damn thing! haha represent!

:rockon:

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Luckily in New England you cant drive it year round. Keeps the mileage lower and lets you keep it low as long as you avoid speed bumps

Users who are viewing this thread