My 03 vs ACR Viper

BlkFord281

Established Member
i was going to school this morning when i saw a black ACR Viper up at the next light, he started to go and i caught up to him, got next to him, saw it was some old doctor about to turn into the hospital and just thought i'd give him a good rev...now i know we wouldnt have done anything cuz the streets were still wet from the night before but was i stupid for doing that or would i have had a chance if we had actually raced?....i recently got my magnaflow catted x, magnaflow catback, and densecharger but do not have new times.....so what does everyone think? thanks alot

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Shoulda, coulda. Next time, egg him on and find out.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by BlkFord281
i was going to school this morning when i saw a black ACR Viper up at the next light, he started to go and i caught up to him, got next to him, saw it was some old doctor about to turn into the hospital and just thought i'd give him a good rev...now i know we wouldnt have done anything cuz the streets were still wet from the night before but was i stupid for doing that or would i have had a chance if we had actually raced?....i recently got my magnaflow catted x, magnaflow catback, and densecharger but do not have new times.....so what does everyone think? thanks alot

Ahh those were the ones with 460hp and 500lbs of torque... Generally I wouldnt recommend racing any Viper in a stock 03, accept maybe the Gen I's, without atleast a pulley and chip combo of some sort.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Hell is going on here
icon_confused.gif
?

aslowdodge

Established Member
You said it was wet so it wouldn't be much of a race. Just 2 cars getting stupid in unsafe circumstances. Racing in front of the hospital-how could you even think this.
In a safer sistuation, I agree with everyone else here. If you only ran a 13.1 you would lose unless the viper has a bad driver. A buddy had a bone stock 99 ACR and his first time at the track on street tires he ran a 12.1 at 120.

On the plus side after you hurt yourself the Dr could have treated you immediately since you were already next to the emergency room.

mike5876

Established Member
coming soon.............my race the other night against a twin turbo porsche and....................a viper with a huge eaton twin screw on top of it!!....i found out that somebody video taped the race ...ive just been too busy at work to get it downloaded and write up the story...you guys will love this video! mike

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
mike - lets get that video going! Are you going to post it in this forum or the video forum?? And you are still running the same boost/hp thats in your sig correct?

The ACR viper is pretty much a regular GTS with a better intake and exhuast (I think) its only 10 more hp. But the suspension is upgraded for road racing.

aslowdodge

Established Member
darn, a Roe blown viper and your car would have been a really good race. If you ran a gts with just exhaust and no headers it would be a slaughter. Your 562RWHP vs his 410 RWHP is no contest. If he had only the blower and no other mods, you guys would have almost equal power.

If it's a standing start it gets worse for a viper as the road race suspension give an even poorer launch.
If you guys ran a road circuit, i would give the edge to the viper, but anything in a straight line-the viper is toast.

aslowdodge

Established Member
well on my car a softer suspension would probably help a launch. On an acr most guys say it's worse because it is so stiff. Any good 60 foot times is due to very good driving or really stick tires.

would a cobra get a better launch if the suspension was stiffer than what it is now?

noslo50

Established Member
With a roe supercharger the viper with typical headers/t-bodies should be at 600-610sae hp and over 600 trqe so if traction was to be good he would of had to have some m&H et streets. But a very good race it would be indeed. Jerry

aslowdodge

Established Member
don't forget you need 1.7 roller rockers to get to that number, Otherwise knock off about 20 hp. You do mean 600RWHP right?

Users who are viewing this thread