MY 04' Comp. Orange GT!!!!

Wildpony_2

Oh Really......
Established Member
That's right I FINALLY did it ladies and gentlemen, couldn't get a good deal on an 03' Terminator when the time was right so I did the next best thing....I bought an 04' Competition Orange GT!!!!

It's also got the Mach 1000 in it, hehehehe!!!

Now, looking at Modifying:read: .....

Anyone got any starting points?

Does anyone know if the Bassani exhaust is too much for the GT? I know some Cobra Owners swear but it, but I thought other opinions and suggestions was the best route to go.

Oh and don't inhale all that smoke from burnouts you all, I know how tempting it is :-D

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I love that color, I have bassani street competition cat-back on my cobra and swear by it, It wouldn't be too much for a gt. Try spin-tech if you are looking for something different. Gotta love Mach 1000. Congrats:rockon:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Bassani is pretty expensive, somewhere around $700 for a cat-back I think. Congrat's on the new car. 3.73's, exhaust, and a shifter should definately be the first mods on that car.

99GTCONV

Established Member
Yeah thats definitely true. I first bought the borla stinger catback for 430 for my mustang and didn't like the sound too much cause it didn't have much tone to it and it simply droned like crazy on the highway.

Just a couple of weeks ago I sold the Borla Stinger and bought a bassani street competition catback for 565 shipped and wish I would have done it to begin with. It doesn't have half the drone the borla stinger has and the sound of the bassani is 10x better than the borla.

It's definitely the best sounding exhaust i've heard on any mustang.

Superchips Microtuner, C&L mass air kit, 4.10 gears, and bassani's new 5 piece x-pipe with removable cats are also good mods and I can say that from experience cause i have them :thumbsup:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I've liked the borla sound on every mustang I've heard. The stinger cat-back is crazy loud though and I could see how it could get annoying after a while. Get the non-stinger catback then. A co-worker of mine has a borla cat-back, non-stinger, and it sounds great.

Wildpony_2

Oh Really......
Established Member
Thanks guys for all the replies!! Man I was thinking the bassani would be more than that, but that sounds great, 700 isn't that bad. Is there a recommended size, 2.0, 2.5? Bigger versus smaller?

I talked to the salesman and the general manager for the shops, apparently they are mod-friendly people, yea me.

Shifter types, someone throw me some ideas. (ie Hurst etc).

Already tried some of the Advance Auto stores too, no K&N filters available yet :??:

2KGT

Banned
Originally posted by Wildpony_2
Thanks guys for all the replies!! Man I was thinking the bassani would be more than that, but that sounds great, 700 isn't that bad. Is there a recommended size, 2.0, 2.5? Bigger versus smaller?

it only comes in 2.5" piping with 3.5" tips for the GT. i have it and their catted x pipe and i love it.

good luck.. lets see some pics

:beer:

Wildpony_2

Oh Really......
Established Member
Sorry guys it has been raining alot and been too overcast to get my baby out.

As soon as I have a decent day with the sun out and everything I will post some.

Figuring out this Camera also took me awhile, lol.

Wildpony_2

Oh Really......
Established Member
Recommendations?

I will be getting either Mothers or Zaino as my wax of choice, haven't decided yet, anyones opinions?

I have black leather, anyone recommend a certain type of leather lotion for the seats, or does it matter that much what brand I use?

Anyone got any pics with the full bra on their GT? I am debating getting one of those as well.

"Drop In K&N Airfilter" vs K&N Filtercharger?

Should be nice this weekend, stay tuned for pics guys;-) !!

Come one come all. I got questions that need answers, hehehe.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
I have a drop-in K&N for sale, only had it on my car for 2k miles. It is like new. let me know

Users who are viewing this thread