My 05 GT Dyno Results

slick4_6

Established Member
Sounds like Evan Smith might have been driving that car. If it was, he ran half a second faster in the Mach 1 on nittos, and a full second faster in an 03 stock back when they were first testing them.

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
268.5 rwhp is 305.11 flywheel hp if you use 12% drivetrain loss.

300 flywheel hp - 12% drivetrain loss is 264 rwhp.

Someone is doing his math wrong.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
very nice....I'm making about the same power. :(

Can't wait till I line up against one and see how it performs. :-D....let's just hope it's stock. :-D

owneda1LE

Banned
Looks like I'll be waiting until they find at least another 30 RWHP and equal what my Camaro made out of the box 6 years ago...They'll also have to offer a 6 speed...The Mustang finally has the '82 Camaro suspension layout, so we're now just 30 HP and 1 gear away from a possible purchase...

At least Ford is offering some reasonable performance for the $$4, which is more than can said for GM @ this time.

CobraKindaGuy said:
Dynoed my stock 05 GT tonight to establish a baseline. It has 786 miles on the engine. Here are the results:

Run 1: Completely stock - with cool-down
264.0 RWHP 285.3 TQ

Run 2: Opened airbox with filter - with cool-down
269.0 RWHP 292.3 TQ

Run 3: Opened airbox no filter - with cool-down
268.5 RWHP 295.0 TQ

Run 4: Opened airbox no filter - no cool-down
268.6 RWHP 290.9 TQ

* Average of all runs: 267.5 RWHP 290.9 TQ
* Overall Best Run: #3
* Crank HP (Run #3 and assuming 12% loss) 300.72
TQ: 330.4

Conclusion: 05 GT is making HP/TQ per stock specification. Increased mileage on engine may serve to increase HP and TQ as engine loosens up. Replace paper filter with K&N screen filter. Redyno in six months.

Formula51

Established Member
Easy 1LE! The Camaro is dead remember? It might come back, but who knows. The Mustang is doing very well at the track with the power it has, however, I would like to see a 6spd offered in the GT as you mentioned. This is purely because Ford seams to struggle to make "Camaro Power" coupled with the Camaro's gas mileage. There was a post on stangnet where 05' owners were talking about 14-16mpg in the city and 22-24mpg on the highway. Thats with a 5spd!!!! I just think that an entry level, every man sports car, daily driven rear-wheel drive performance, etc, should get better mileage. That really is the only hangup I can see with the new GT. It would be much nicer to see 17-19mpg city and 26-29mpg highway, which should be very doable with a 6spd. I kind of think Ford wanted the new Mustang to be fast so they sacrificed gas mileage to do so, hence the 3.55 rear gears, and the stout tranny gear ratios. My 1995 Firebird Formula got 17mpg city and 27.5mpg highway and they dynoed about 255rwhp stock.

Does anyone know why the Mustang is tuned so rich from the factory? I have seen dyno charts in the 11 Air/Fuel Ratio range.

4.6speed

Established Member
Well, so far this is what I have seen in person at US 131 dragway in MI. at the Ford nationals. An astonishing 14.792 at 95.82, just like it is stated in the 5.0 magazine. I wonder how people are running low 13's in that thing bone stock without at least getting into the computer to change that crappy electronic throttle contol that I am reading so much about? It sounds to me like it won't even let you do a burn out? Sounds pretty much like it controls the throttle for you and when you give it hell it cuts throttle?? I am not sure but I have been reading this alot. Whats up with not being able to do a burn out?? LOL!

A2V2NV

Established Member
You guys!!

The factory says 300, he showed you what his car made, who really cares about the math? I cure as hell don't!! From what I'm seeing, it looks like a drop-in K&N filter should give you the same as the stock filter with the top removed!!! Dosen't matter what it's making, when it gets serious, he can go home, get the terminator out, and go tear up somebodys ass, go back home, cover it back up, jump back in the '05 and go back down there and smile at the defeated enemy!!!

joe

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
A2V2NV said:
You guys!!

........Dosen't matter what it's making, when it gets serious, he can go home, get the terminator out, and go tear up somebodys ass, go back home, cover it back up, jump back in the '05 and go back down there and smile at the defeated enemy!!! joe

:banana: :pepper: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread