my 08 sixxer. (easy on the six hate)

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
it was either a stripped gt or a loaded six, so i went for the six. i figured it would be easier to add power than add features. it's got everything but ambient lighting and in dash gps. i already added a short throw and have springs on the way. next will be gears and a trak-loc. then i get the pennies saved it will get a power adder. probably a procharger. i dunno, there are some nice turbo kits available as well. anyways...

just brought it home.

HPIM0703.jpg

HPIM0704.jpg

took the rocker stripe off.

HPIM0885.jpg

HPIM0929.jpg

HPIM0931.jpg

the hurst. not as good as the mgw, but better than stock.

HPIM0906.jpg

HPIM0907.jpg

i know it's no cobra, but hey, i'm married with children so i do what i can.

Raymond

slower than you
Established Member
Nothing wrong with the V6 man, those new ones respond very well to mods as well. Nice choices so far man, I love the rims the '08s came with!

Aerosi665

Daily Driver
Established Member
it was either a stripped gt or a loaded six, so i went for the six. i figured it would be easier to add power than add features.

Yeah... I made the exact same mistake when I bought my old 04 Auto v6. One year later the 5-speed GT was in my driveway. HOWEVER, the 05+ aftermarket is mammoth compared to the 99-04 v6 market. You have a hell of a better shot getting to a reasonable power goal with the aftermarket of the 05+ 6's than I ever did with the 99-04 market. The car right now looks good, and with a blower/turbo/nitrous you'll be walking stock and near stock GT's.

Last edited:

PsychoPhyr

Established Member
I wouldn't waste a bunch of money on power adders, but instead get a project fox or something. The 6 will dig deep in your pockets to get any big power out of, and the drivetrain wont have been built to handle too much power anyways. Other than that very clean lookin car, and good on your for taking that dumb stripe off!! :rockon:

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
no offense but i think you did it wrong. You should of gotten a stripped down GT. Its harder and more expensive to add power. If you got a stripped GT, you could of gotten a new stereo, cheap stock leather seats off newtakeoffs.com and rims from there also.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
no offense but i think you did it wrong. You should of gotten a stripped down GT. Its harder and more expensive to add power. If you got a stripped GT, you could of gotten a new stereo, cheap stock leather seats off newtakeoffs.com and rims from there also.

goddam, i wish i'd have seen that site earlier. they have insane prices.

eliteJAE

Established Member
looks a million times better without the striping man :banana: :-D

and it's a sweet ride, even if its not an 8, its a sweet NEW ride, more than alot of us can say haha plus i doubt you're looking for 600+RWHP right? im sure youd be happy with the gains from a blower or nos.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
right now a local vendor is giving deals on ati setups. i need to call and see just how good the deals are.

Mc Q 6185

Established Member
Nice, I actually think the s-197 six bangers look better than the GTs anyways, as I can't stand the lower grill on the GTs! Gas will be a little better for ya too.

Last edited:

wlg101190

Established Member
Awesome car bud, keep us updated on the power adder! :rockon: Also, those new rims are some of the best I have seen on a Mustang.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Nice car, it would have been easier to add small options on a Gt than a motor in the 6. But if you are planning on supercharging you will make plenty of power. Love the shifter, drove a friends gt with it a few days ago and really liked it

SVThopeful

SVT Poster
Established Member
It looks good.

Paul's High Performance has a V6 that runs 10's with a Vortech and a small shot of nitrous with stock internals.

th_PaulsV6Mustang.jpg

Last edited:

tdo

Established Member
Ya know, I like those smaller fog lights of the pony package over the big GT ones. Wish you could get them on the GT.

Users who are viewing this thread