My 09 Z06

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
Here is a quick video of my 09 Z with my new gopro camera in 720p! Thought I would share it.

Car has ~2230 miles now.. Bought it about 3 weeks ago and have drove it about 500 miles so still getting pretty used to it..

It is still 100% stock on stock run flats.

launched at about 1800 rpms and tried to take it easy out of the hole.
It is definitely a lot different launching this thing than my Saleen and will take a while to get 100% comfortable with it!
th_5-13-11race.jpg

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
What were you racing a gt500 or a 5.0? Didn't seem to catch him but looks like he went 11.4 @ 117? Cool video and I like the black and white look to the video?

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
What were you racing a gt500 or a 5.0? Didn't seem to catch him but looks like he went 11.4 @ 117? Cool video and I like the black and white look to the video?

It was a auto 5.0.. I dont know what he had done but I know it had some good tires on it. and yes 11.4 @ 117..

And yea I liked the look of the black and white too :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice first time run. My son-in-law has a 2006 Z06 so I know how much fun they are. And I believe he has about the same mileage as yours. Last time we talked about his Vette he said he was "up" to just under 3K miles on it. I told him to give it to me so that I can help put on some miles. LOL!

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
Nice times, Not sure how many passes you have on it but i think you can do better.

I didnt really here any power shifting

wma8706

Established Member
We have very similar tastes in cars although your pockets might be a bit deeper than mine! Gradulation on the Z ... awesome car for the money! Thats the next car I'm looking at. I have to say those new 5.0 mustangs have insane performance potential to run with the big boys for a fraction of the cost!

whiplash306

Established Member
Nice run.....GREAT looking video! ....and as everyone has already touched on, props to you for posting a vid with a Coyote runnin' right on past you. Despite its very stout run, with a bit more seat time, I'm more than positive it'll be a different outcome for you vs that Mustang....

Users who are viewing this thread