My 1990 Mustang Build w/ 03 Cobra Motor. LOTS OF PCTURES

Street Warrior

SVT Power
Established Member
Finally got all the fuel components, I decided on -8 feed & -8 return. This way if I need to upgrade, I only need to replace the feed line.
Now it's time to install! IT'S TOO FRIGIN COLD TO WORK ON IT RIGHT NOW.....

DSCN0709_zps11747115-1-1.jpg

Goodridge PTFE Line

DSCN0706_zps67a8d7ec.jpg

DSCN0707_zps1c637aad.jpg

DSCN0708_zpsaf061cf1.jpg

What can I do about all these hoses coming of the gas tank?????
Is all this really necessary?

badcoupe50

Established Member
I'm doing a similar build on an 89 coupe. Is that a upr k member? That's what I used and I hated the way the engine fit so tight to the firewall. I ended up redrilling the front two bolt holes on each side of the k member to be able to move it forward about 3/4 of an inch.Doesn't sound like much, but I gained firewall clearance and was then able to then bolt up the factory tranny cross member. I see you had to cut off the factory sway bar mount. What is your plan to fix the sway bar issue?

Street Warrior

SVT Power
Established Member
I'm doing a similar build on an 89 coupe. Is that a upr k member? That's what I used and I hated the way the engine fit so tight to the firewall. I ended up redrilling the front two bolt holes on each side of the k member to be able to move it forward about 3/4 of an inch.Doesn't sound like much, but I gained firewall clearance and was then able to then bolt up the factory tranny cross member. I see you had to cut off the factory sway bar mount. What is your plan to fix the sway bar issue?

It is an UPR k-member and its agaisnt the fire wall. I hope it works out, we'll see. Didn't plan on installing one yet, really haven't seen anything I liked.

svtnotch

Established Member
looks good and wiring really isnt bad. i used complete 04 harness from font to back. just re-pinned ignition headlight turn signal column stuff.

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
Amazing build. One of the cleanest I've seen. Motor looks sick as well. What are the plans for the wheels? Sorry if i missed it.

triple-s

Established Member
For the fuel tank are you using the cobra one to fit the fore hat and does the tank fit in the same as the coupe original?

svtnotch

Established Member
For the fuel tank are you using the cobra one to fit the fore hat and does the tank fit in the same as the coupe original?

tank will fit fine just need to make straps 1inch longer or use a spacer and a 1inch longer bolt like i did

GreggsSVT

Established Member
I like the fuel line your using. I was told a couple years ago that its not safe and to go with stainess fuel line. Is this something new that just came out?

Thanks, very nice build

Street Warrior

SVT Power
Established Member
I like the fuel line your using. I was told a couple years ago that its not safe and to go with stainess fuel line. Is this something new that just came out?

Thanks, very nice build

I wanted to go with a hard line but really couldn't find anything I liked. These Goodridge hoses are top of the line and I really don't see having a problem with them.

Users who are viewing this thread