MY 2003 cobra taken from me!!!please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
How's it going guys? I figured i would post my story because you don't here this everyday. i was also wondering what you all think i should do next?

I live in NJ and i bought a 2003 dsg cobra, this thing was mint. NO mods except magnapacks on the exhaust. i worked for the dealership i bought this car at and i bought it for 16,000 plus Bull shit and it was a final of 18,900. :beer: . About a week and half before christmas i get a call on my cell saying that i bought a stolen car and they are taking today. i ran out of work and meant them at my house... i took what i could off(after flipping the **** out :fm: :bash: ). i did have the local police there to make sure it was legit.(cousin is on the force). SO now i am out a car and all the money in upgrades and now i paying for a car that i DON"T FREAKIN HAVE ANYMORE :bash: . It is all legit as i am constantly talking to the state about this mess. The car was bought off ebay and i guy in avenel bought it then traded it in to THIS DEALERSHIP(loman ford) :loser: . Where i bought it.

SO what do you think? :shrug:
I want my damn car back and don't want the ****ing money inless it is around 35k.
I want them to replace the car---with one off of svtperformance.com.

I know that they are liable for 3 times the amount of the car but don't want to go through court inless i have 2.

Any ideas?????????????????????????

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
cobrasc03 said:
How's it going guys? I figured i would post my story because you don't here this everyday. i was also wondering what you all think i should do next?

I live in NJ and i bought a 2003 dsg cobra, this thing was mint. NO mods except magnapacks on the exhaust. i worked for the dealership i bought this car at and i bought it for 16,000 plus Bull shit and it was a final of 18,900. :beer: . About a week and half before christmas i get a call on my cell saying that i bought a stolen car and they are taking today. i ran out of work and meant them at my house... i took what i could off(after flipping the **** out :fm: :bash: ). i did have the local police there to make sure it was legit.(cousin is on the force). SO now i am out a car and all the money in upgrades and now i paying for a car that i DON"T FREAKIN HAVE ANYMORE :bash: . It is all legit as i am constantly talking to the state about this mess. The car was bought off ebay and i guy in avenel bought it then traded it in to THIS DEALERSHIP(loman ford) :loser: . Where i bought it.

SO what do you think? :shrug:
I want my damn car back and don't want the ****ing money inless it is around 35k.
I want them to replace the car---with one off of svtperformance.com.

I know that they are liable for 3 times the amount of the car but don't want to go through court inless i have 2.

Any ideas?????????????????????????

First off the dealership is responsible. They sold you the stolen car. They knew something was way wrong because retail on the lot would be about $26K and wholesale is about $21,500.

Additionally, under NJ you are able to recover your actual loss you dont get any other damages in a claim of this sort. So all they have to do is make you whole again. That would be a check for $18,900.

I dont know who told you they are liable for 3x the amount, but they are not correct.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Agreed, Go crack some heads at the Car Dealership. Employee or not, all the blame rests on their shoulders.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
First off the dealership is responsible. They sold you the stolen car. They knew something was way wrong because retail on the lot would be about $26K and wholesale is about $21,500.

Additionally, under NJ you are able to recover your actual loss you dont get any other damages in a claim of this sort. So all they have to do is make you whole again. That would be a check for $18,900.

I dont know who told you they are liable for 3x the amount, but they are not correct.

Yup!

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Well they should compensate you 35 if they're not gonna give you the car back because there is no way in hell you're gonna get another one for 18,9.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
Wizardrex said:
I would think the Stealership would have run the Vin? They had to of known about it.

is that "Stealership" doing exceptionally well? Maybe they should be investigated. :nonono:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
DHG BULLITT said:
Well they should compensate you 35 if they're not gonna give you the car back because there is no way in hell you're gonna get another one for 18,9.

That is the point, he shouldnt have gotten this one for $18,900. Their exposure is to the extent of his loss which is $18,900.

UtOhCop

Established Member
Didn't you think it was shady that you were buying it for 18K?

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
It was very stupid to buy it. There is no such thing as a free lunch. Still, the dealership owes you money. You might have to take them to court, where they will lose.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
cobrasc03 said:
...2003 dsg cobra...bought it for 16,000
Did you run a VIN check on it before you bought it? If you run the VIN through CarFax right now, does it show up as being stolen? :??:

rkomo

Herro, Mr. Itabashi here
Established Member
Something doesnt sound quite right here. However, knowing the clowns over at Loman Ford I wouldnt put it past them. Their service department is good however.....

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
Whoa! Calling this guy an idiot for buying a car cheap at a dealership is just wrong. Any of you would have jumped on it figureing they have no idea what they have or they raped the guy who traded it in. Who is going to suspect a reputable dealership of selling a stolen car so go easy on him. If the car was a POS I would say "yes he got what he payed for" but it was stolen he didn't even get what he payed for (that just sucks). Here is what you do you go to Loman Ford see the Owner if he is on the premises many owners actually work at the dealership. If he is not there then see the dealership manager explain what happened and tell them you want your money back without giving the vehicle back since the police now have it. If they give you a hard time tell them you will advise ford they are selling stolen cars off their lot. Then tell him you are going to call one of the local news station and tell them about what happened. You know the ones where they come out and get in the managers face asking why did you sell a stolen vehicle and are you going to give the money back. I bet they give you your money back shit like this could get ford to pull out of their dealership. Where you charged with receiving stolen property. I should hope not this just sucks and Loman Ford as far as I know is a reputable dealership. You don't have all the info I'm sure, what dept. investigated the theft. The only other explanation is that when they received the car it was not listed as stolen dealerships run the vin numbers just for this reason. Maybe the title was forged its all speculation I don't have all the facts but would like to know what happens. If you PM me with more info I will see if I can assist you I can't promise anything but I will try.

Calithekid

Established Member
I am just very curious what the dealer ship that you work for is saying wright now, Are they supporting you or are they telling you to go f yourself?
Very sorry for your loss, You wont find that price or anywhere near that at least for a few years.

Lord Warlock

Established Member
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, I would have been wary about finding one for 16k, especially since the cheapest I've seen them is 19k. Sorry to hear about your situation, at least it isn't your fault and can be blamed on the dealership who is responsible.

LW

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Lord Warlock said:
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, I would have been wary about finding one for 16k, especially since the cheapest I've seen them is 19k. Sorry to hear about your situation, at least it isn't your fault and can be blamed on the dealership who is responsible.

LW
Yeah but if that duck has murdered someone when you buy him for supper how would you know, ducks don't talk!

FordSVTFan

Established Member
DaleM said:
Yeah but if that duck has murdered someone when you buy him for supper how would you know, ducks don't talk!

The AFLAC duck talks :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread