MY 2003 cobra taken from me!!!please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
cobrasc03 said:
Btw thanks for all the support. The Vins where switched and i had the state investors come down and pick it up....I was told by another deallership that they are liable for 3x that amount as covered by the lemon law....i don't know? but they are buying me another car....i don't want my 22,000 back because i want a damn cobra.....

I will continue with updates----when i hear from someone....2 more weeks and 30 days are up....we'll see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lemon Law does NOT apply to used vehicles. What you want is not a concern of the law. You are entitled to be made whole! That is $18,900.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
I don't know but in my honest opinion you are somewhat at fault here too based on your poor judgement. Yes you should be refunded your money FULLY but come on. You didn't look over the car>??? Match the VIN#'s on the body panels, if they were even still there. Who is going to dump all that money to convert a GT then trade it in for less than $16,000>??? Best of luck getting everything resolved and I hope you get your money back. -Mat-

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
SVT F15O said:
I don't know but in my honest opinion you are somewhat at fault here too based on your poor judgement. Yes you should be refunded your money FULLY but come on. You didn't look over the car>??? Match the VIN#'s on the body panels, if they were even still there. Who is going to dump all that money to convert a GT then trade it in for less than $16,000>??? Best of luck getting everything resolved and I hope you get your money back. -Mat-

hum......... I have purchased 5 cars from a dealership and have NEVER once "matched" the VIN numbers.

Do people really match VINs when they purchase a car. I won't consider that to be common practice. Has anyone here ever done it?

He just thought he was getting a good deal, Anyone of us would have jumped on a deal like that if given the op. I don't feel as if this guy is a fault at all.

One thing to remember though, "if something seems to good to be true, it usally is." I hope you get things worked out and get your money back ASAP, good luck............

FIVEOSTANG

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Lemon Law does NOT apply to used vehicles. What you want is not a concern of the law. You are entitled to be made whole! That is $18,900.

Since when does Lemon Law not apply to used vehicles? Because by law at my used car lot i am required to put a lemon law sticker on every vehicle or we will be fined serious money for each car that doesn't have one. All dealers in Ma have to go buy lemon law. Other states(take texas for example) do not have to follow this law and believe in the tailight law(once i cant see your tailights there is no warranty). I am not positive if that is the law in texas but when i get rare good condition cars up here i send them down there to be whole saled to other dealers.

Bobby

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
SVT F15O said:

PLEASE!! who in the hell dose that. If you do good for you! The vast majority of people purchase cars from dealerships and never do that. Thats the dealers job.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Lawyer!
You have gone through quite a bit of inconvience and stress as a result of a dealer's missteps. A nice remedy should be settled.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
FIVEOSTANG said:
Since when does Lemon Law not apply to used vehicles? Because by law at my used car lot i am required to put a lemon law sticker on every vehicle or we will be fined serious money for each car that doesn't have one. All dealers in Ma have to go buy lemon law. Other states(take texas for example) do not have to follow this law and believe in the tailight law(once i cant see your tailights there is no warranty). I am not positive if that is the law in texas but when i get rare good condition cars up here i send them down there to be whole saled to other dealers.

Bobby

Since he is in NJ!

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
hey guys whats up? thanks for all the help....lemon law is on used cars in NJ! even at that i had about 3,000 in to it with all the bull shit i put into it. That comes to 21,900..i am looking for one around 27,000...that only 5,000 more. and they should be happy at that....i am not an asshole i just want a cobra back..and i don't find it my fault at all..
Like it was said before--i just thought i was getting it at a good price because i worked there.

i ran a carfax on the orginal VIN from the computer 2 weeks before it was taken....it did come up as a stolen/recovery and was said to be used in detroit for commerical use....and when it comes up with the acctually report it said it was fine...?....
i do have a lawyer on this but try to settle it out of court too. i don't wasnt the trouble of all this bullshit.

BTW- i really do feel for the orginal owner it sucks. If he getts the car back...It will have alot more done then he had when it got stolen.

BEl-douch----i NOW know that man...iF it is to good to be true..it is!!!!
Loman is waiting for the 2 weeks still...They have that rite by law 30 days after i recieve the notice....soooooo...still no word.........

FordSVTFan

Established Member
The reason it is said the NJ Lemon Law doesnt include used cars because it only covers cars for the first 24 months or 18,000 miles. And Magnusum Moss only covers new vehicles and it is easier to get a "lemon" judgement under M.M. Act. Additionally, the Lemon Law is used for cars with repetative problems, not for a case of a stolen vehicle. It may suck but it doesnt make it a lemon.

If a dealer misrepresents a car at the time of sale you may have rights under the New Jersey Unfair Trade Practices Act.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
i was told that the car was orginal a GT that was converted to a cobra. I figured the fobra was ok. it looked like a professional job

Still smells like bullshit to me.

FlTireGuy

Established Member
FordSVTFan said:

The NEW car lemon law does not cover this vehicle. The NJ USED CAR lemon law DOES cover it!
In NJ they DO have a SEPARATE lemon law on used vehicles..
13:45A-26F pretty much covers everything..

So what if he bought the car at way way under market/wholesale value? The buyer (doesnt matter if he works/worked for loman then or afterwards) still has the expectation that the dealership will sell him a vehicle with a clear title, and an unaltered VIN.

You can call the NJ lemon law unit in Newark @ 973-504-6226 for more info! :banana:

Last edited:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
94_302 said:
Hopefully someone can warn the bidders or get some authorities involved because this one sounds like the same thing with the vins swapped and everything. 94 Cobra Converted to 99+ GT

Holy Shit! I can't believe no one has responded to this. I am going to call the authoities on that myself. Who in the hell is going to take a Cobra of any year, and completely change everything inside and out to make it look like a damn GT!?!?

Edit: I don't know if I can get in trouble for this (I don't see how) but a mod can take it down if need be. The San Marcos non-emergency police department number is (512)753-2108. I called but it was so late (12.22)at night they transferred me to someone that was not answering. Obviously, this person selling the car doesn't have to be completely responsible, but there is no way that the auction is legit.

Last edited:

CSD

Banned
Im interested as to how this works out with Loman. I've been there myself and I thought they were shady. Good luck and keep us updated.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
Lesson of the Day

Run away from any deal that involves two or more of the following:

1. Car priced too low
2. VIN doesn't match vehicle model
3. eBay somehow involved

:)

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
That has got to be fraud - the stereo doesn't even match the Cobra year - Buyer Beware.

I do believe you should get 100% of your money back BUT You keep saying you want your cobra back. Bro you bought a GT(just look at your vin). It just turned out to be a cobra.
My point is the same as above. Let this be a lesson, you do get what you pay for.

Sartan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread