MY 2003 cobra taken from me!!!please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
none yet....they still have about a week..

..redfire...the reason i bought the car is because i wanted a cobra and they told me a story behing it, so i believed it and it was bull shit....gt or not it ran like a cobra....

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Top_Fuel said:
Lesson of the Day

Run away from any deal that involves two or more of the following:

1. Car priced too low
2. VIN doesn't match vehicle model
3. eBay somehow involved

:)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mvcrash

Established Member
cobrasc03 said:
none yet....they still have about a week..

..redfire...the reason i bought the car is because i wanted a cobra and they told me a story behing it, so i believed it and it was bull shit....gt or not it ran like a cobra....

If it is a Cobra, and you still want the car, contact the investigators and ask for the name of the insurance company. If the car was stolen over 30 days ago, and there was comprehensive coverage, they have already paid the orginal owner. You may have a good chance at buying the car directly from the insurance company.

If you do, make sure you get the proper documentation for the altered VINS and the stolen/recovery.

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
thanks for the look out guys...Looks like loman is going through the insurance..So it is going to longer then i thought...with sucks ass but...i now have a shot at acctually getting what i want...

Good news...they are giving me a rent-a-car
bad news.....I won't get a cobra for about another month...I acctually going to stop looking for one because by the time i come around with the money ,,,alll of the ones i want will be sold.....which sucks but i plan on buying it off of here,.....

Thanks guys for all the help---i am going to look into getting the actual car back too...thanks....

When i know you will know......UPDATES

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
cobrasc03 said:
Thanks guys for all the help---i am going to look into getting the actual car back too...thanks....

Don't bother. If it was stolen, not only will you lose a ton when you sell it, but those thieves chopped it to fit the new VIN on, as who knows how they beat it. Start anew with a pristine example. Good luck.

rogerb

Established Member
I went through the same thing!!! Except it was with a Hummer H2.. I bought it with my dealers license and drove it for a while then sold it to a couple in Florida. Long story short, it got rpoed on them!! I was respnsible and had to shell out the money to them ASAP. Now I'm out the $ and have to get a lawyer.. I would be willing to bet I know who is behind your situation. Feel free to PM you # and I will call you and if you want exchange a little info

PS I know its my first post but I have never been to this site before until my friend said to check out this board because someone was bashing his shop. I looked around a while and came across this thread. I would love to help you out if I can..

Last edited:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
rogerb said:
I went through the same thing!!! Except it was with a Hummer H2.. I bought it with my dealers license...
Details? :??:

How did you get scammed?
Did the VIN check out OK through CarFax?
Did you get a clean title when you bought it?
Was it a case of VIN swapping like what happened to this guy...or some other type of scheme?

Last edited:

rogerb

Established Member
long story short.

Bought Hummer H2 off Ebay with known Salvage Title
Ran Carfax came up with Salvage title
Had clean title out of Michigan which is possible because it was purchased through auction in LA then reregisted in MI. Had the paper trail.
Bought the salvage Hummer with certified bank check for $33K... Which was roughly 4K under wholesale at the time. It was supposed to be a Recovered theft. come to find out it was a total burn and the NCIC looks for VIN's that are a total loss and are back on the roads. Instant red flag for them. What happened is they bought the Hummer just for the # and then stole a brand new one off the lot in NJ. I got screwed bug time. How did they get a title in MI for it???? Don't know.. People on the inside maybe?? But good news. I picked him out of a photo lineup and was the first to do so.. Bad news, they have stolen 100's of cars and the case is so big it will take forever for me to see any money. I'm going after my insurance company because I'm supposed to be covered for this type of sh!t...

Last edited:

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
:eek: :eek: :uh oh:

WOW...what a nightmare! Thanks for posting the story...maybe it'll help someone down the road. Maybe the LEOs have seen this before, but I didn't know this kind of stuff was that common. :shrug:

Why is it ebay seems to be a common element in these scams? :dw:

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
because online you can be anyone you want and lie its cyber hell the internet is the best place for these scumbags. A guy I work with sold an engagement ring on ebay the winner said he set up an escrow account it all looked legit but when my buddy went to retrieve the money it was a bogus escrow site and had no money waiting for him. total burn :burn:

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
UPDATE

I have contacted one of the lawyers that was in charge of writing the lemon law for used car in NJ. He said if i can prove that they knew it was stolen,i have one hellof a lawsuit.
BUT............
My lawyer and his lawyer are now talking about this and they have a meeting on monday.....i think? it will be soon.

Roger ---i tried to pm you but it won't allow you to except it.....E-mail me at [email protected]....

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
alright guys----IT IS DONE--There lawyer said they are going to replace the car most likely through there insurance. I have already given them some cars to replace it with but most of them sold already...damn it...

If you guys know anyone with a

2003/2004 Kenne-bell cobra w/ or w/o spray or turbo let me know.....other wise i am pretty open to everything else.....Colors---Mystic,black,white,DSG,Sonic Blue,,,,NO yellow or red,, VERT AND COUPEs

Bullitt #2045

Fun comes in a can now
Established Member
What a raw deal you got cobrasc03, I'm sure you will get the cobra you wanted after all.

Any cobra is nice so long as it's a Terminator ;-)

Good luck and keep us informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread