MY 2003 cobra taken from me!!!please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
type911 said:
Nice let us know what you pick up! With Pics. Oh and check the Vin. J/k

Funny but i will............Lesson learned the hard way.....

I am really looking for a Twin turbo Cobra--03/04 or a KB on the bottle....any help guys?

byeofcr

Established Member
lol u can check ebay.. there are a few floating around there.

TIMS93GT

Established Member
cobrasc03 said:
Funny but i will............Lesson learned the hard way.....

I am really looking for a Twin turbo Cobra--03/04 or a KB on the bottle....any help guys?

And they are supposed to be paying for this in full? If so then that is pitifull IMHO. I know you went through this and as much as it sucks, shit happens.
I in noo way feel they should buy you a KB or Twin Turbo Cobra. If they do then that shit pisses me off. Sounds to me like your being gready. :nono:

Just because you got screwed does not mean you deserve something way better like a KB Cobra or a TWIN TURBO. :nonono:

Tim

99E.GreenCobra

Established Member
cobrasc03 said:
NO guys been busy.......with this shit.....look here is the details.....The car was orginal bought off of ebay then the guy who bought it off ebay traded it in to this dealership. I worked there as a lot attendent at the time. I loved the car to death so i bought it 1 day after it was traded in....but i was told that the car was orginal a GT that was converted to a cobra. I figured the fobra was ok. it looked like a professional job, so i bought it....bullshit......it was professional it was a real cobra. They switched the VINs on the window....to a GT vin fom a wrecked car...I don't know how he pulled it off but their was 250+ cars stolen from NY. Then sold over ebay. They have recovered 150 cars and they are not cheap cars. The dealership(loman ford) has 30 days to get there shit together and then talk to me....Other wise this is all i know for now. The car was NEVER STOLEN FROM THE DEALER. it just got traded in there and the never did any checks on the car. they told me they did though.

this really sucks...i loved that car to death...

Get this they are trying to go after carfax because they did a car fax on it.....Screw them.....If a cobra comes in to the lot and it has a GT vin--come on. you ain't going to get it checked out?they knew something was up big time..
:eek: I just re-read this post, and have we met...I remember a DSG GT conversion to a Cobra. It was at a car show this summer in Edison (Stevens HS, I think.)
If you are the person I think you are, we recruited you for our car club, Central Jersey Mustang & Fords, as my avatar says Im the guy with the E Green Cobra. Let me know, my curiosity is peaked.
No matter if we met or not, I hope everything works out to your advantage :-D

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i have the perfect car for you....its an '04 GT that's been converted to a terminator. its pullied, ported and ready to go--price $14,500.

just kidding. i realize you went through a lot of crap and hassle. it looks like you're getting a sweet deal now. just don't get too greedy. i think you're definately entitled to a nice, low mileage terminator.

but by no means are you entitled to a kb or whippled snake. remember you were the one who bought the car for around $18,000, thinking it was a converted GT, and now you want a terminator with $6,000+ of mods??? get real man.

if you had $22k invested into that car, you deserve your lawyer fees paid for, and several thousand for pain and irritation--that comes out to the price of a quality used cobra.
good luck

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Kirk, initially I thought exactly the same way you did. But then I realized that the stealership has complicity here and he should get whatever they are willing to give him! I think it is unrealistic to expect a KB or TT Terminator in exchange for a supposed GT Cobra clone.

ConsSVTCobra

ThE iNSaNE iRiSHMaN
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
First off the dealership is responsible. They sold you the stolen car. They knew something was way wrong because retail on the lot would be about $26K and wholesale is about $21,500.

Additionally, under NJ you are able to recover your actual loss you dont get any other damages in a claim of this sort. So all they have to do is make you whole again. That would be a check for $18,900.

I dont know who told you they are liable for 3x the amount, but they are not correct.

:bs: It is the dealers fault obviously. But how far do you want to take this? I mean that SUCKS you're out that! ESPECIALLY on E-Bay but if you can't get a lawyer to do this case Pro-Bono or an "Until you win" lawyer. This could cost a lot.

I don't know the law but I DO know that you WILL NOT get Three times the amount back? GOOD LUCK!

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
Alright guys calm down there.....here's how it goes....

The car is being replaced....With what i want........I can prove they knew it was stolen or had an idea of it. I have been talking to many lawyers....There is a lawyer in metuchen ,NJ that has talked to my cureent lawyer and under the unfair trade act ...they are liable for Lawyer fees,pain and suffering, the car, and up 2 three times the amount.....That adds up to alot of money for them...but that is if i want to take them to court...AND I DON'T

Look i just want a 2003 cobra..but they are be bastards about this so i am gonna lay it on thick big time!!!! I deserve whatever i want because 22k would be final cost with mods--ok(of my car)? NOw add in final cost of a lawyer over 2 yrs? plus pain and suffering with out a car...plus a rent a car for 2 yrs.....That adds up way higher then a $34,000.

DONT GET ME WRONG OR NOTHING I AM NOT TELLING THEM TO BUY ME A KB OR TT COBRA. THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANT..? SO I TOLD THEM....

Good news is that i NOW have a RENT_A_WRECK....2006 VW jetta that loman is paying for,,,,so this should hopefully get on the move now.

Hey fordSvtfan----you got that wrong i have them by the balls..

Hey 99EGREEN SNAKE----whats Up?? Yeh you know it. I live right down the street from JP stevens....IT wasn't converted it was stolen cobra with a gt VIN.

i NOW HAVE A FEW THINGS UP MY SLEEVE IF THEY DON'T GET THERE ASS MOVIN ON THIS....SO ......WE WILL SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Its called Karma. That dealer has been doing some pretty shady things. I am glad to see it come around and Bight them in the rear. Post Pics when You get the thing.

AllVenom

Established Member
Before I read CobraSC's last post I was about to post what he said just about anyways. It did not sound right originally by fordsvt that the dealership was only responsible for paying him his money back. They committed an act of fraud.

He should be entitled to some sort of settlement, and in my opinion, they are getting off easy. If this were to go public, they would lose alot more than 30k. Remember, for every 1 pissed off customer, they will tell at least 10 people they know and in turn, each one will tell 10 more and you can see how word of mouth spreads fast.

Kudos to you, I hope you find what you want and they actually follow thru with it.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
AllVenom said:
Before I read CobraSC's last post I was about to post what he said just about anyways. It did not sound right originally by fordsvt that the dealership was only responsible for paying him his money back. They committed an act of fraud.

Without proving they knew it was stolen. It is a different story once you can prove they knew it was stolen.

Last edited:

Floof

McDoof
Established Member
I'd take them to court, get the press on them, everything within my power and then some, to ensure that no one else goes through the same BS. If you have the evidence, why not use it to help others that could potentially get screwed over by these guys? From what I've read on this thread, plenty of people believe they are a shady dealership.

At the very least I'd contact whatever person at Ford(not that dealership) that enforeces whatever rules/laws they have for their dealerships, and lay it all out to them. You know once they appease you they are just going to turn around and put it in someone elses butt, to put it bluntly. Be the good citizen and put it to them.

Just my two worthless pennies...

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
Without proving they knew it was stolen. It is a different story once you can prove they knew it was stolen.

IF YOU SAW A 2003 COBRA AND A 02 GT VIN.....WOULDN'T YOU THINK THEY WOULD CHECK IT OUT? REMEMBER THEY TOLD ME THE BULLSHIT STORY AND I TALKED TO THE OTHER OWNER HE NEVER EVEN SAID ANYTHING ABOUT WHERE IT CAME FROM----OH AND HE SAID HE TOLD LOMAN THAT THE CAR WAS BOUGHT OFF EBAY.....LITTLE WIERD FOR ME!!!!!!!

Thanks guys---

WE GOT SO VERY COOL NEWS>>>>>I WAS JUST CONTACTED BY CHANNEL TWO AND THEY WANT TO PUT ME ON THERE. ( Channel 7 PR manger contacted me and wants more info)

NOW LETS SEE -----IF I DO THAT THEY ARE NATION WIDE AS A FRAUD DEALERSHIP. :burn:

I THINK THAT's ALOT MORE THEN 35,000 IN LOSS SALES :) ------.....

now here is my question -Do i go through channel 2 news or do i take the car and run......... :shrug:

I really just want a cobra back....i am goin through withdraw... :fm:

I can prove they knew about it being stolen or an idea that something was wierd and take the money and run( i know its more then 35,000 now for a fact ) but it might take a long time (2 yrs) or do i just take the car now? :shrug:

I need some help---i have to talk to my lawyer and see but i want real world suggestions( keep in mind i am only 20 and want my damn car back :burnout: ) BUT maybe someone can help me. :shrug:

BTW_ I LIKE the way floof talks.............

Floof

McDoof
Established Member
I'm 20 as well, having spent some time in the USMC I don't take kindly to those that do such shady things, like the dealer in this instance. I wouldn't take the car and just drop it, that's the sniveling cowards way out. If you have the evidence and it is solid enough to stand up in court(I'd consult your lawyer about that), take them to court and shut them down.

It doesn't just hurt this dealer's reputation by doing this to people, it hurts Ford's reputation just as much, if not moreso for showing the public that they look the other way when dealerships do stuff like this. Get it on your local FOX or NBC, ABC news station, if it creates enough of a stir in the emotion-fest that is the media, the other affilliates throughout the U.S. will air it, but I don't see that as very likely. Local News and a phonecall or in-person visit to whatever part of Ford would deal with this would have the most effect on this dealership. Hopefully it will put them in hot water, and if other people have been shafted out of their money from the same dealership, they might contact you and corroborate your story along w/ theirs.

Also look into contacting the largest local newspaper, tons and tons of people in power and that have a substantial voice in the community read the business section of the newspapers on a daily basis.

Just get the ball rolling, and good things will start happening. And for god's sake if you haven't quit yet, quit now. Get yourself as far away from being associated with that place as possible. Karma can be your best friend or your worst enemy.

cobrasc03

Is it ever done?
Established Member
Nah guys i haven't worked thier since the summer---they fired me right after the car went into the shop for an overheating problem....Kinda wierd in my mind and on the same day i was giving my two weeks because i had to start school soon..Little wierd for me but whatever i was out long before this happened...

FLOOF----good idea thanks man....i never thought about this hurting fords♣ REP either but it does and thats just wrong.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
type911 said:
Def talk with your lawyer first. Don't make a move without him.

+1

i didn't realize this whole thing took two years to unravel. still hard to agree that you deserve a fully modded cobra, but definately a low mileage/great condition cobra ($30,000+). hell, you could just wait and demand a GT500. don't get too excited and make too quick of a decision, talk to your lawyer first. if you get the news involved, that dealership is going down bigtime. those news investigations NEVER end good for the business that is being investigated.

good luck with everything.

Sharkster

Established Member
ditto on the dealership. They are responsible for anything and everything about that cars past before it rolls off of the lot. You need to talk to an attorney like yesterday. Paperwork has a way of disappearing. Do it now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread