My 2004 Cobra on the dyno. Whipple 3.4 Crusher

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Now that is one Cobra that is modded right. If I had money to blow on my car like that, your setup would be EXACTLY what I would want to do to mine. Right down to keeping the IRS with level 5 half-shafts. Very nice work, and thank you for your service.

Who did you trust to take your car to the dyno shop?

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Pics my dad took of the engine bay, now that it is all done. Should be home in around 3 weeks. Looking forward to getting home for so many reasons, but this is one of them.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Jefe

Established Member
Just a gloss black? I bought one of those intercooler tanks from 95BOSS and am planning on doing them both in black

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Just a gloss black? I bought one of those intercooler tanks from 95BOSS and am planning on doing them both in black

Yes, Gloss black. Same as the Lethal Performance IC Tank. That one I got in black and then just got the expansion tank done to match.

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
Hell yeah Troy!, you need to get your ass back home, get the car and give me a ride in the damn thing! IIRC you owe me one since before the oil pump failed on the last motor... Good luck buddy, ill see you when you come stateside

Last edited:

DaBigBone

Established Member
Sick! You have any pics of the car? I've been thinking about a similar paint scheme myself and I'm curious to see how it looks.

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Hell yeah Troy!, you need to get your ass back home, get the car and give me a ride in the damn thing! IIRC you owe me one since before the oil pump failed on the last motor... Good luck buddy, ill see you when you come stateside

For sure, I cant wait to see your Sonic Blue addition. Always was my favorite color on these cars. At least a toss up between that and the DSG. Thanks for everything you and your dad sent while I was out here. It made a huge difference. Looking forward to getting back home and just enjoying the simple things. Will be nice since this is my last deployment for awhile. 5 deployments (4 Iraq, 1 Afghan) 1100 days total in the middle east since late 2004. A lot of those days paid for this car. :lol: Time to enjoy it.

chevellecobra

Established Member
That is sick! I was just at Shelby on 18th to see the place and as we were leaving I drove toward where the employees park and saw your car. I remember it well because of the strips. It is a beautiful car in person, but looks completely stock. I would have never thought it had all that done to it. A true sleeper. :beer:

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Sick! You have any pics of the car? I've been thinking about a similar paint scheme myself and I'm curious to see how it looks.

I have some on the site here somewhere. I will have to look around. Thats the next thing I have planned though is a repaint. Not that the paint is bad, but I just want it perfect. Same paint scheme, couple of minor adjustments, but done very clean.

FuzzyDiceRule

Established Member
Well, i was gonna grab some of the pics richard had of your car(s) on Autofocus, but it appears he is a bum and didnt pay for the site... Anywho I look forward to your return. Also, you should contact JJ and tell him to get his ass up on saturday for Cbad, im trying to convince him to go so i can ride in his car too... Im tired of having my stock Cobra be the fastest car ive ever ridden in/driven...

You know youre always welcome for the care packages, my dad was in a similar situation(albeit for much less time than you) and he knows how much a little help from the people back home can do for the morale of the soldiers, so its the least we can do, i think since youve been gone hes almost spent more money on stuff to send to you than he has on food for the family =P

Users who are viewing this thread