my 2009 GT-R for 14 shelby

neverenough!!!

Established Member
Hi guys!!! Thinking of trading my gt-r for 13 14 Shelby !!! What do you think about that ? My last mustang was an 03 cobra with bolt ons loved it so now i m on a dilemma need help!!!:shrug:

Grabber07'

Established Member
Just depends on your goals. The GTR practically drives itself, so no matter how fast it is....thats not how I want to enjoy my ride. I want to drive the car, not have the car drive me.

Shelby is raw and powerful that gives me a grin from ear to ear. With a few bolt ons you're above 700rwhp. Very good bang for your buck!

GTR is fast with mods too, its just an entirely different experience. If you are looking for different yet still fast, get the shelby.

PS. No AWD so forget traction without drag radials hehe

Last edited:

Grabber07'

Established Member
Have a few MONSTER GTR's around here and they are very nice!!! Great potential and sleek looking.

If you've owned an 03 Cobra and are looking for a similar experience but with a far superior offering to your terminator, get the GT500.

neverenough!!!

Established Member
love my gt-r but they are REALLY EXPENSIVE to mods so this is the main reason why im thinking to trade !! Now i have to build the tranny and i have to spend like 12k just for that it s a lot of cash imo!!!!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What do we think? Well, we're all GT500 owners :)
I think they are very different cars but both bad@ss and great performance values, I personally chose my GT500 for my goals and couldn't be happier!
-J

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
Hi guys!!! Thinking of trading my gt-r for 13 14 Shelby !!! What do you think about that ? My last mustang was an 03 cobra with bolt ons loved it so now i m on a dilemma need help!!!:shrug:

Your gtr does mid 10s quarter and u want to trade for a mid 11s Shelby??? Are u kidding me?? Here's the list your nissan gtr are better than 14 gt500.
1. Looks better , rare, and eye catching
2. way better handling
3. all wheel drive , can drive on snow , rain , anything
4. better interior quality
5. Could be a monster and a supra killer with upgraded turbos
6. 8s quarter mile capable and monster highway pull
8 and Finally , with just a tune and increase boost u will rape all 14 shelby even with pulley upgraded!!

One final question for you . If a 14' mustang shelby park next to a 2009 GTR at a public parking or at a car show, which car do u think people will come and look at it most ?? Think about mine question before u trade cars.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
OP, are you bored with your GT-R? If not, keep what you have :)

If you are bored with it, test drive a '14. That is the only way to know.

bpmurr

Established Member
Your gtr does mid 10s quarter and u want to trade for a mid 11s Shelby??? Are u kidding me?? Here's the list your nissan gtr are better than 14 gt500.
2. way better handling
8 and Finally , with just a tune and increase boost u will rape all 14 shelby even with pulley upgraded!!

1) Everything except for rare is completely subjective
2) Agreed
3) Not with summer tires, AWD doesn't instantly equal snow
4) Kind of but the GT-R isn't known for a great interior either
5) True
6) With a lot more money tied up in it compared to a GT500 running 8's
8) What happened to 7?

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Just depends on your goals. The GTR practically drives itself, so no matter how fast it is....thats not how I want to enjoy my ride. I want to drive the car, not have the car drive me.

Shelby is raw and powerful that gives me a grin from ear to ear. With a few bolt ons you're above 700rwhp. Very good bang for your buck!

GTR is fast with mods too, its just an entirely different experience. If you are looking for different yet still fast, get the shelby.

PS. No AWD so forget traction without drag radials hehe

this ^^^

Also, I prefer the raw feel... nothing beats lighting em up at 70/80 mph IMO

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
2. way better handling

Your OPINIONS, thanks for sharing.
I could afford a GTR and never considered it, I just prefer the GT500.
1) totally subjective
2) AWD and much more tech but not raw or driver satisfying
3) only drive in nice weather, I have a DD
4) marginally, again subjective and price bracket has big effect, plus NO GLASS ROOF!
5) so can a GT500
6) ditto
Go buy a GTR already fan boy :fart:
Really just playing with ya, both are cool cars, but opinions are like @ssholes
-J
:beer:

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
One final question for you . If a 14' mustang shelby park next to a 2009 GTR at a public parking or at a car show, which car do u think people will come and look at it most ?? Think about mine question before u trade cars.

Grabber07'

Established Member

Again subjective.... Some like the tuner cars, some like the american muscle.

Question for you: Why do you own a GT500?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

Seriously? Who cares what someone else thinks. You are buying a car for yourself, not to impress someone else.

I live in quebec city!!!

If you do end up buying a GT500, there are a few Ford dealers in Toronto that I know that are willing to discount $4000 off MSRP. I also think there is now a $3750 rebate on top of that. Not 100% positive though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread