My 2011 Denali HD 2500

stangaholic280

Established Member
Very nice. I had the same decision and went with the F-250 Lariat, loaded out. It's a great truck. Unfortunately Ford is having issues with hard shifting in these new trucks. I have noticed it in mine, but my local dealership is too stupid to fix it even with a TSB released by Ford lol.

Do the Chevy's use DEF fluid? I'm already tired of buying that crap lol...if it weren't for the warranty that system would be ripped out!

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
That tailpipe has got to go!

Exhaust looks like a musket. Designer of that particular part needs to be circumcised with a rusty fork.

With the stock exhaust it almost has to be that way due to the heat generated from the DPF when the truck goes into REGEN cycle. Thats why newer PSD have that somewhat odd looking tip also. It allows the exhaust to be cooled a little frmo the backside.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
I had some Toyo open countries on my last truck, so maybe I'll look into those for this one.

thats the best bet i beleive.

Something VERY annoying about the newer 2011 HD trucks from GM is that they changed the lug pattern. It is now no longer 8x6.5 that it has been FOR YEARS..instead it is 8x180.

7.62x51

Established Member
I love those new Denali HD's, sweet truck man. If it wasn't for the Ford Superduty, the denali HD would definitely be my second choice. Would look real nice with a lift and 38"s or 39"s, thats just me though.

BTRStang

USMC Ret.
Established Member
I have an 04 Yukon Denali and I love it. We dropped and put some nice rims on. It pulls great. My buddy has a 32ft Baja and it pulls it down the Hwy like a champ and putting and pulling it out of the water is amazing with the AWD. No tiring chirpping from me!!! Good looking truck OP, Enjoy!!!!!

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Very nice. I had the same decision and went with the F-250 Lariat, loaded out. It's a great truck. Unfortunately Ford is having issues with hard shifting in these new trucks. I have noticed it in mine, but my local dealership is too stupid to fix it even with a TSB released by Ford lol.

Do the Chevy's use DEF fluid? I'm already tired of buying that crap lol...if it weren't for the warranty that system would be ripped out!

My buddy had the same issues that's why he went with the Dodge, How often and How Pricey is that DEF refill?

stangaholic280

Established Member
My buddy had the same issues that's why he went with the Dodge, How often and How Pricey is that DEF refill?

I've had to fill up the 5 gallon tank about 3 times in 14K miles. Anywhere from $20-40 depending on whether you go with Motorcraft from Ford or just an off brand from an Auto store.

As for the problem, I'm not worried about it. It's a new transmission and engine combo with this 6.7L. Ford has already released a CPU update to retrain the "smart" transmission. It's just a matter of getting the dealership to install it. I swear dealerships are dumb...when I brought them the actual print out of the TSB released by ford, the still denied any knowledge of the fix.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
[...] For me, it came down to the wire, but once I saw the jet black Denali, my mind was made up, so here she is. Loaded, with every bell and whistle. Sorry about the crappy iphone pics.

I thoroughly approve :)
Sierra.jpg

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member

You went cheap!!! NO HEATED STEERING WHEEL!!! :D

I personally LOVE these wheels. If I went with a Denali HD instead of my 1/2 ton Denali I wouldn't have bought it without them.
Sierra-HD-Denali-Wheel.jpg

I would have gone with these step bars too.
2011-GMC_Sierra-Denali-HD_Image-010-1024.jpg

I personally love my Sierra Denali and I am sure you will love that thing too.
Best of luck with it!

Users who are viewing this thread