My 2013 Shelby GT500 vs C7 Z06

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
As much as I’d like to agree with you just to say I make that much power, that seems like an overestimate. For reference, I only put down 570whp/590wtq on a mustang dyno. I feel like if I actually made 750whp+ I’d be pulling wayyy harder and stay closer to the C7 I posted above.

I’m not even sure I could hit those numbers with an upgraded throttle body, cams and ported blower.

I wouldn’t mind throwing it on a dyno jet for comparison’s sake once I get this misfire sorted out.
What is your boost level?

I’m reading this as I’m driving. I didn’t see the stock TB.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Noted. I glazed over the fact that he’s got stock manifolds I’ve got kooks long tubes and a catless x-pipe. I suppose that makes a difference although I’m not sure how much.

I don’t know what TVS swapped S197’s do in the 1/4 and the 07-09’s seem to be the “forgotten” GT500’s so there’s not much for me to go off of to estimate my times. I’m almost FBO (Kooks LTH, catless x-pipe, JLT 123, stock TB) with a TVS 2.3 (2.4” pulley). I guess I thought the car would be a 128mph car at best.

I’d pull on the Z06 by about 1.5-2 cars every time, if not slightly more.
My forgotten 07-09 went 128 with a Kenne Bell 2.8L.

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
What is your boost level?

I’m reading this as I’m driving. I didn’t see the stock TB.

17lbs I think. Might be a little more. Tuner and engine builder claimed they kept it “conservative”. How much power is an aftermarket TB good for?

@SSSSSSSSSSSSVT - 128mph with just the blower swap or supporting mods? Ideally I’d like to trap 135+ when the car’s done.

How do I multi-quote on mobile?

M122GT500

Established Member
17lbs I think. Might be a little more. Tuner and engine builder claimed they kept it “conservative”. How much power is an aftermarket TB good for?

@SSSSSSSSSSSSVT - 128mph with just the blower swap or supporting mods? Ideally I’d like to trap 135+ when the car’s done.

How do I multi-quote on mobile?
The stock TB is very restrictive. I have seen big gains from going from a twin 67 to a CJ mono blade on a 700whp combo. IIRC boost gain was 1-2lbs.

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
The stock TB is very restrictive. I have seen big gains from going from a twin 67 to a CJ mono blade on a 700whp combo. IIRC boost gain was 1-2lbs.

So what’s the throttle body to get and what’s the whp gain versus stock?

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
Over stock on a 600whp 2.3 car? Probably close to 50whp with a CJ mono would be my guess.
Noted. Guess it’s time to find one. Anything else I can do to make more power with the 2.3 or is a blower swap the best option

M122GT500

Established Member
Noted. Guess it’s time to find one. Anything else I can do to make more power with the 2.3 or is a blower swap the best option
You can make 700-750 (STD DJ #s) with the 5.4 and 2.3 trinity on pump 93. If you want to make more than that you will need a different blower, better fuel, or internal changes.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
While I agree a Gen3R would make all the difference in the world, he should still be able to put the hurt on a stock C7Z with his current mods.

Your 14’s lighter than my 09. I’ve got similar mods + the same blower and I got out on a C7Z 4 races in a row.

I laid down 648 HP and 619 Torque to the rear wheels on Lidio's dyno and also removed the cats.

I think if I start in 2nd gear I'm taking a C7Z from a roll if it's stock.

LS WUT

Established Member
Stock for stock my bestfriends C7 Z06 M7 versus my stock 13 GT500 were dead nuts from a 50 roll, and I got him 2 races out of 5. The others were too close to call. I have a video of where I put a few cars on him from a higher roll just due to his Aero package.

Tezz500

Established Member
Just took off the cats but the rest is stock.

I think you should reach out to another tuner. IMHO, I think your numbers are very low for the mods on these cars.

I’d recommend Palm Beach Dyno OR Performance Evolution. Both can tune your vehicle remotely.

Palm Beach Dyno.

These guys are top notch and will get you right though they do require some patience as the remote tuning takes sometime to get right. With that said, if all goes well, you’ll be done and ready in a week.

Performance Evolution.

Matt is awesome and will shoot straight with you. Very no nonsense. Tuned my 2014 and I can’t say enough good things about working with him.

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
I laid down 648 HP and 619 Torque to the rear wheels on Lidio's dyno and also removed the cats.

I think if I start in 2nd gear I'm taking a C7Z from a roll if it's stock.

I’m really starting to question my dyno numbers at this point. I made 570/590 with the similar mods to you + long tubes and rods/pistons.

I might have to get on a dynojet to see what I really make.

MustangSteve1965

Established Member
I think you should reach out to another tuner. IMHO, I think your numbers are very low for the mods on these cars.

I’d recommend Palm Beach Dyno OR Performance Evolution. Both can tune your vehicle remotely.

Palm Beach Dyno.

These guys are top notch and will get you right though they do require some patience as the remote tuning takes sometime to get right. With that said, if all goes well, you’ll be done and ready in a week.

Performance Evolution.

Matt is awesome and will shoot straight with you. Very no nonsense. Tuned my 2014 and I can’t say enough good things about working with him.

I know he said they were having a lot of issues with the tires slipping, even with letting the air out of the tires.

He's a very reputable tuner. I know @biminiLX uses/used him for tuning.

Tezz500

Established Member
I know he said they were having a lot of issues with the tires slipping, even with letting the air out of the tires.

He's a very reputable tuner. I know @biminiLX uses/used him for tuning.

I’ve had 2 S197 GT500s.
A 13 and a 14 both with similar set ups before moving on and both were 700+ on a set up close to yours.

Your call. Just giving you something to compare to.

Users who are viewing this thread