My 2014 Vert has arrived...

SlowVert

Established Member
Hello Everyone....

Figured I’d post my first offical thread since I picked up my car this past Saturday. It’s a 2014 SGM / BLK Convertible - PP/NAV/Recaros... basically everything but the Shaker Pro and TP which isn’t an option. I ordered in May with the expectation to wait a solid 16 weeks.... it would have been here last month but got “locked-in” the plant after assembly as it was built the last week and tagged for transit on the last day the plant was open.... but was never shipped until it reopened at the end of July.

Overall first impressions - I love it.... ok now that’s out of the way... First - I’ve only driven it 150 miles with my kids in it so far (my 6 year old girl is in love with it, no leaving the house without her so far!!!) So I haven’t tested its true power in any way - but even just lightly rolling on the throttle on the highway I can tell I’ll love this thing!!! The sound is great - perfect blend of rumble and thump yet I can still hear the radio just fine, nobody I've driven with this weekend complained and it turns heads when rolling by others.

Recaros are great - that was the big battle with my wife (she wanted heated seats).... but she admitted to liking the “snugness” the Recaros provide... I do as well. If I was driving it daily and getting in and out a lot.... then I’d probably want the standard seats as they can "grab" you a bit while getting out - but this is a “weekend blast north of the city on nice roads” car buy for us - so a little effort getting in and out isn’t that big of a deal.

I like the shock options available with the PP - Normal/Sport settings.... was able to play with it a bit and liked the ride in sport mode - but put it back on normal for the full family cruze on Sunday and no complaints from anyone..... and this is in NY... no nice and smooth southern roads up here!!!

Overall just a really nice car.... to this point there has only been two things I didn’t like... the trunk carpeting is a joke... it’s near paper thin and barely stays in place and I’d really like if the side mirrors folded in, I have a tight fit garage and that 2-3 inches would really help to avoid the kids crashing into them.... but I'm sure I'll find a way to get by with these issues!!! LOL!!!

As for modding - well I promised “not to touch it”... as that was the sell for the GT500 over a GT that I knew I’d wind up wanting to mod the crap out of and then regret not just buying the GT500 and being happy from the start. With that being said - I have a Cal car cover, the grill kit (flat black), Lloyd mats and a Bob’s oil seperator already ordered. I’ll probably do a lightbar next spring after my wife forgets I bought anything and that will be all for awhile. My goal is to drive it and enjoy it as is while under warranty.... then play if I feel the need.

In my limited driving this weekend alot others seem to like the car as well - so much so my wife was laughing about group of Harley guys speeding by at 85 to give me a thumbs up... and I found it funny the first thumb I got driving it home was from a cop while I was stopped at a light!!!

A few photos of our new family member....

First is me picking it up - still in the dealership bay.
Pickup.jpg

Then getting it home and getting that top down!!!
car1.jpg

car2.jpg

Last.... who says a Mustang Vert is not usable with kids!!! I'm privately hoping the exhaust note is hypnotizing them into sleep!!!! If that's the case I''ll have 100K on this thing in less than a year!!!
kids.jpg

Thanks for reading!!
J.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Great pics, Kids make the even more fun! Hope you enjoy it with your family for years to come. Congrats

reason4treason

Established Member
awesome looking car and especially always great to see a family connection. they should be super popular at school with such a cool Dad. much better ride to be seen getting picked up and dropped off by than a bus. never too early to start building street cred!

s4awd

Established Member
Congrats. My kids like it too! I get multiple thumbs up and people staring every time I drive it as well. It's a big lovable car that even haters can't resist to gawk at. Good move on the seats. They definitely make the car feel more "special" like other high end sports coupes.

97DOHCobra

Established Member
Just like mine, except mine has the white stripe instead of black.

I have the Lloyds mats and love em. I have ordered the trunk mat and oil separator as well.

SlowVert

Established Member
awesome looking car and especially always great to see a family connection. they should be super popular at school with such a cool Dad. much better ride to be seen getting picked up and dropped off by than a bus. never too early to start building street cred!

Yeah... my daughter has already asking if I'll pick her up in it once school starts and according to our baby sitter she was lecturing a few of her friends during a play date on what "Shelby" is.... to which the other now think we are "rich". LOL!!!

congrats...is that your truck? if so its a beaut....
Not my truck - but one of my good friends... it has a modern drive train from a late model Camaro and a full air suspension. He also has a '96 Saleen Convertible... lucky guy!!! We both loaded up for a cruze this past Sunday... that truck is pretty cool... alot of "older" people really enjoy seeing it and stop to talk about it.

J.

TFStang

Established Member
Congrats on the new vert! Love that last pic. If I knew that the vert did all that, I would have ordered that instead! :bash:

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Congrats, I came so close to getting a very similar car, the SGM/black combo in a vert IMO is the best by far, looks amazing. Enjoy!!!

SlowVert

Established Member
Congrats, I came so close to getting a very similar car, the SGM/black combo in a vert IMO is the best by far, looks amazing. Enjoy!!!

Funny you mention that because I took a month of going back and forth between SGM and Ingot Silver.... my old 85 GT was Grey/Silver which I had a real nostalgic connection to that was tough to break where I ordered this one!!!

Thanks for all the compliments everyone... I'm glad to see alot of people appreciate someone taking this car in a different direction than a track/strip beast. Overall I think it's the best performance car you can buy for the money and fit more than 2 people and a handbag in.

J.

svt662

Established Member
Congrats! My 6 year old little girl loves our conv. :beer:

DougM

Established Member
Congrats on the car! It's beautiful. Mine is on the way and as much as I don't want him anywhere near my car my 3 year old will probably want a ride or 2 :) which I think I will allow providing we keep any food from entering the car.

How well did the car seats fit in?

Users who are viewing this thread