My 300 vs GT35r stroker buscher tunned evo and 04 vorttech GT

quick04gti

Established Member
He is not shifting slow he just has a huge turbo that needs to spool up between shifts. Thats what happens when you put a turbo made for a five liter engine on a two liter.

What do you have done to your 300?

wow dude u have absolutely no clue what the hell u are talking about. :kaboom:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Good runs! I don't think I've ever seen a 300ZX win a race before, so it's awesome to see one running real strong.

riced06rs

Established Member
not sure how fast he was shifting but he said he was shifting as fast as he could... but I know its tunned properly buscher tunned his car

buschur is one hell of a tuner and he is one of the true tuners that keeps improving, im sure it had nothing to do with his tune just sound like a bad shift just was asking if he had tranny problems i had problems with my tranny when i got over 500 whent to shep and had no problems after that

riced06rs

Established Member
a big turbo can have the issues the other guy listed if u dont shift fast enough or have it tuned properly.. a 35R isnt that big a turbo.. that guy just can't drive.. powershift that car and it wont lose boost, hell even shift really fast without FTS and it wont... i love how people make excusing for there inability to drive, even though they think they can... and no i dont have a BIG turbo car.. but the guys i had a shop with have built hatch's with S372's etc and they have no problem with losing boost between shifts.. :beer:

s372 is a good turbo i know a guy thats doing a 10:1 compression evo going with that turbo thanks for the feed back man :beer:

redhatchyguy

Established Member
s372 is a good turbo i know a guy thats doing a 10:1 compression evo going with that turbo thanks for the feed back man :beer:

yes it is.. my buddie is making around 715 to the wheels with it on 30PSi on a built 2.0 B series Civic hatch.. he went 10.30 @ 149.8 at MIR's Imports VS Domestics a few weeks ago... and its a street car.. :thumbsup:

svtvtx

Established Member
wow dude u have absolutely no clue what the hell u are talking about. :kaboom:

Oh really. Please enlighten me then. It is very easy to make a comment how about backing it up pal.

You sound like a turbo expert, can you please explain to everyone what transient response is?

riced06rs

Established Member
yes it is.. my buddie is making around 715 to the wheels with it on 30PSi on a built 2.0 B series Civic hatch.. he went 10.30 @ 149.8 at MIR's Imports VS Domestics a few weeks ago... and its a street car.. :thumbsup:

wow great numbers and time any vids of this car,
98 kingcobra any more plans for the 300zx how do you like those turbos

Last edited:

quick04gti

Established Member
He is not shifting slow he just has a huge turbo that needs to spool up between shifts. Thats what happens when you put a turbo made for a five liter engine on a two liter.

What do you have done to your 300?

you making a comment like this makes u look like a tool trying to talk about something you know nothing about. If u think a 35r is to big for a 2.0liter let alone a stroked 2.3 that was in this evo u need to do your homework instead of throwing out comments like " ohhh that ish was made for a 5 liter" :lol1::lol1:

Oh really. Please enlighten me then. It is very easy to make a comment how about backing it up pal.

You sound like a turbo expert, can you please explain to everyone what transient response is?

congrajulations you can type big intelligent words :bored:
But if u wanna explain what the "change from equilibrium" has to do with the comment u made above go ahead dig ur hole deeper

:kaboom:

op sweet cars

Last edited:

98kingcobra

Established Member
I thought that was his car. I saw it go low 11's at like 13x at street fights.
yes that was him car is very fast he is suppose to be back down to play on his Q16 tune and run some dig races should be fun
Yeah apparently! Keep us updated on any more kills or future mods :beer:
thanks and i sure will
wow great numbers and time any vids of this car,
98 kingcobra any more plans for the 300zx how do you like those turbos

yes i plan on goin with 3" full exhaust instead of my 2.5' and recirculating my BOV and turning the boost up to 24lbs and having it retunned hope to break 600hp.... and i will be getting my rear steer lockout soon i hope

boostaholick

Established Member
Seems like that evo shouldn't be having that much lag shifting into gears @ higher speeds, I mean a GT35r isn't really that huge.

quick04gti

Established Member
Seems like that evo shouldn't be having that much lag shifting into gears @ higher speeds, I mean a GT35r isn't really that huge.

i dont think that he is shifting nearly as fast as he really could. The last race you can see he had a lil trouble getting into fourth. Like others said once you start makin real power in the evos you have to go with a shep upgrade for those trans. It makes a world of difference in the shifting dept.:beer:

svtvtx

Established Member
you making a comment like this makes u look like a tool trying to talk about something you know nothing about. If u think a 35r is to big for a 2.0liter let alone a stroked 2.3 that was in this evo u need to do your homework instead of throwing out comments like " ohhh that ish was made for a 5 liter" :lol1::lol1:

congrajulations you can type big intelligent words :bored:
But if u wanna explain what the "change from equilibrium" has to do with the comment u made above go ahead dig ur hole deeper

:kaboom:

op sweet cars

Is this a joke? If you want to believe big turbos have faster transient response than small turbos go ahead. Have you ever seen a stock car equipped with a turbo that is completely out of its efficiency range until the last 100 rpm of the power band. Now if you want to power shift or use an automatic like a real drag car then I am sure you will have no problem.

Lets see you have a DSM so you must be familiar with the second gen as well as your first gen. Remember how your shitty first gen has 7.8:1 compression and a 14b turbo and the shitty second gen has 8.5:1 and a tiny t25. Hmmm, I wonder why they did that... was it because the shitty first gen had terrible lag even in stock trim?

I'm not saying a gt35 is not a good turbo or even a bad turbo for an evo. I am just sick of people saying that the drivers are shifting slow just because they are not power shifting. When someone lets off the throttle and the external wastegate closes people automatically assume that right when you jump back on the throttle it should open up again instantly. Anyone who owns a turbo car with a decent size turbo knows that if you let off between shifts you will have a period of time when the turbo is going to spool up again and the wastegate will remain closed.

Most people on these forums own cobras with either roots or twin screw superchargers. So if they see a car that falls back between gears they assume that it is because the guy can't drive. Evo people like to agree so as not to say their car lost simply because it is slower, they have to blame the driver. It can't be the venerable 4g63 with the big turbo that lost.

2k3gt

Established Member
Z1 upgraded gt28675's ball bearing
Z1 piping with front mount intercooler and all t-bolt clamps
dual hks super sequential blow off valve
deatchwerks 740cc injectors
greddy full 2.5inch exhaust
AMS manifolds
Z1 800hp clutch
fidanza flywheel
greddy profec b boost controller
dual mass air meters (needed when you go over 500hp)
bf goodrinch drag radials in rear

as far as under hood

lol..nice ride

Users who are viewing this thread