My 300 vs GT35r stroker buscher tunned evo and 04 vorttech GT

98kingcobra

Established Member
sorry if you cant make out the vid to good maybe i will get a night vision camera for x-mas

first is my 300 when my buddy had it about a month before i traded for it its on the 110 race gas chip 20lbs and the evo is on its pump chip on 35lbs has gt35r stroker motor and supporting mods tunned by buscher racing makes 540awhp on pump gas...the first race was cut short cause of traffic in front of us and the second race was cut alittle short cause a slight curve was coming up and the evo let out

both 20mph rolls

camera is in the 300zx

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/GT35r-Buscher-stroker-Evo_725649.htm]GT35r Buscher stroker Evo vs my GT28675's 300zxTT - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

next is me in the 300 on my pump chip with my boost controler off witch is 15lbs vs my buddy in his 04 vortech gt...he has changed his trans and went from 4.10 gear to 3.55 and upped his boost from 10 to 12lbs since my old vids i had... the disc i had it recorded on messed up and didnt get the first race and cut out the begining of the second but.....it was from a 40 roll both times and he beat me the first time cause i was to low in rpm in second gear so I dropped down to first gear for the second race and it helped out

again i apoligize if you cant hardly make the vid out

camera is in the 04gt

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/My-300zx-vs-04-vortech-Gt_725650.htm]My 300zx vs 04 vortech Gt - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

Last edited:

svtvtx

Established Member
He is not shifting slow he just has a huge turbo that needs to spool up between shifts. Thats what happens when you put a turbo made for a five liter engine on a two liter.

What do you have done to your 300?

98kingcobra

Established Member
Z1 upgraded gt28675's ball bearing
Z1 piping with front mount intercooler and all t-bolt clamps
dual hks super sequential blow off valve
deatchwerks 740cc injectors
greddy full 2.5inch exhaust
AMS manifolds
Z1 800hp clutch
fidanza flywheel
greddy profec b boost controller
dual mass air meters (needed when you go over 500hp)
bf goodrinch drag radials in rear

as far as under hood

riced06rs

Established Member
35r to big lol 35r on a stroker is a great street/strip turbo even on a built 2.0. only reason a turbo would fall on its face between shift is cause of slow shift if hes shifting fast then proble has a boost leak somewhere great race man love 300zx almost ownd one

Last edited:

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
He is not shifting slow he just has a huge turbo that needs to spool up between shifts. Thats what happens when you put a turbo made for a five liter engine on a two liter.

What do you have done to your 300?

dessaix.gif

How come you never see Evos racing from a dig?

Nice car OP.

Ben? :dw:

svtvtx

Established Member
35r to big lol 35r on a stroker is a great street/strip turbo even on a built 2.0. only reason a turbo would fall on its face between shift is cause of slow shift if hes shifting fast then proble has a boost leak somewhere great race man love 300zx almost ownd one

Have you ever owned a car with a big turbo? Watch the video again you can hear him shift and get back on the throttle but it takes half a second before the external wastegate opens again.

NateV8

Established Member
How come you never see Evos racing from a dig?

Nice car OP.

How come you never see any other car racing from a dig? 95% of racing videos are from a roll. What are you trying to say? A Buschur built Evo will destroy most cars on the road, even from a dig. Search Buschur on Youtube, their cars easily run 9s on pump gas and street tires.

mr2cam

Established Member
How come you never see any other car racing from a dig? 95% of racing videos are from a roll. What are you trying to say? A Buschur built Evo will destroy most cars on the road, even from a dig. Search Buschur on Youtube, their cars easily run 9s on pump gas and street tires.

Sorry to go off topic but you have your mods listed for your car but then when I go to the speedo video in your sig it says kenne bell cobra?

NateV8

Established Member
Sorry to go off topic but you have your mods listed for your car but then when I go to the speedo video in your sig it says kenne bell cobra?

I used to have a Kenne Bell 2.2 then I blew my motor and sold it to pay for some of the build. Now I'm just running a Steg Stage 3 ported blower, 2.76 upper, 6lb lower.

mr2cam

Established Member
I used to have a Kenne Bell 2.2 then I blew my motor and sold it to pay for some of the build. Now I'm just running a Steg Stage 3 ported blower, 2.76 upper, 6lb lower.

Ahh I see, that sucks about your motor, how did you blow it up?

98kingcobra

Established Member
well about the evo not goin from a dig... he wanted to but my buddy that owned my z before me didnt want to...... but he is suppose to come back down to run again said he is upgrading his fuel system and wants to go from a dig... i dont care about losing since we are all friends so ill go from what ever.... so that vid should be here soon and also we are goin to run are other friend witch has a 306 +70mm turbo fox coupe on MT's (the same silver coupe on my other vid's at bristol and his dyno but that was when it was procharged) and a guy with a 383 stroker camaro + 150+ shot on MT's we are all running from dig's so look for that to come...... I just want a night vision camera before hand lol

riced06rs

Established Member
Have you ever owned a car with a big turbo? Watch the video again you can hear him shift and get back on the throttle but it takes half a second before the external wastegate opens again.

i have owned two cars with big turbos, my current one is a evo 9 rs with a 6262 turbo. was just asking if he was having shifting probles last run sounded like he had trouble going into fourth made two popping noise like a miss shift. have you owned a big turbo car or even a evo with a big turbo?

Last edited:

redhatchyguy

Established Member
i have owned two cars with big turbos, my current one is a evo 9 rs with a 6262 turbo. was just asking if he was having shifting probles last run sounded like he had trouble going into fourth made two popping noise like a miss shift. have you owned a big turbo car or even a evo with a big turbo?

a big turbo can have the issues the other guy listed if u dont shift fast enough or have it tuned properly.. a 35R isnt that big a turbo.. that guy just can't drive.. powershift that car and it wont lose boost, hell even shift really fast without FTS and it wont... i love how people make excusing for there inability to drive, even though they think they can... and no i dont have a BIG turbo car.. but the guys i had a shop with have built hatch's with S372's etc and they have no problem with losing boost between shifts.. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread