my 5.0 simple bolt on dyno progress

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
i have done a few simple bolt on mods, and recorded the progress on the dyno..
stock, 387.22 hp- 361.77 tq
stock with tune 391.54 hp - 371.41 tq
steeda cold air kit and tune 401.46 hp - 381.32 tq
steed cold air kit, tune, leathal performance x pipe, and magnaflow street catback 425.99 hp - 398.23 tq
201mustang50003_1__0001.jpg

0823001407a.jpg

0830000140.jpg

kingnut

Established Member
numbers look good. you got any videos posted of how your exhaust sounds?

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
numbers look good. you got any videos posted of how your exhaust sounds?

no but i can make one. its real quiet at idle once it idels down all the way, the sound is deep, it dosent drone or trumpet, when you get on it it sounds nice, more like the older cars. im please with the results, the magnaflow street kit is wht i have, the magnapack would have been way to loud with no cats. with cats im shure the street kit would have been too quiet, but its perfect with no cats

Driver72

Established Member
Which tune are you using?
It seems like a very conservative (ie: weak) tune.
Gaining only 4 rwhp and 10 rwtq on it's own
and only 14 rwhp and 20 rwtq with a CAI

That seems about 10-12 rwhp less than what other CAI and tunes are getting.

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
Which tune are you using?
It seems like a very conservative (ie: weak) tune.
Gaining only 4 rwhp and 10 rwtq on it's own
and only 14 rwhp and 20 rwtq with a CAI

That seems about 10-12 rwhp less than what other CAI and tunes are getting.

it is a conservitive tune, just added a few degrees of timming, dident really mess with the cam timming or anything. but its not the peak numbers so much, it made with just the tune 25 more hp on the midrange.
all the tunes are the same, except for the cai maf function is changed so it would run right, and with the exhaust all we did was turn the rear o2's off, this was to just get some reliable numbers that the parts would actually make, without the help of alot of tunning. i plan on playing with the tune in a few weeks and see what i can get out of it maxed out

wazslow

Established Member
Im debating on the Lethal off road pipe, I really wanted a catt'ed mid pipe, but I cant find one at a reasonable price. Does the car have much drone or anything while crusing at 65 or 70 mph? I dont want the car to be too loud....LOL Thanks and great numbers, I have the same setup except for no off road x pipe (at least not yet).

cobra mike

rice killing king!
Established Member
Im debating on the Lethal off road pipe, I really wanted a catt'ed mid pipe, but I cant find one at a reasonable price. Does the car have much drone or anything while crusing at 65 or 70 mph? I dont want the car to be too loud....LOL Thanks and great numbers, I have the same setup except for no off road x pipe (at least not yet).

no drone anywhere so far, the leathal x pipe is a great investment the car sounds perfect not to loud, not to quiet

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Nice numbers!! :thumbsup: Now take that thing to VA Motorsports Park and see what kind of times it runs!! :beer:

slyguy

Established Member
So you're making 500 at the crank with a CAI, a tune, an x pipe and catbacks?

Seems like a lot...

Are you dynoing in 4th or 5th?

kingnut

Established Member
no but i can make one. its real quiet at idle once it idels down all the way, the sound is deep, it dosent drone or trumpet, when you get on it it sounds nice, more like the older cars. im please with the results, the magnaflow street kit is wht i have, the magnapack would have been way to loud with no cats. with cats im shure the street kit would have been too quiet, but its perfect with no cats

post a video when you get a chance. i would love to hear this exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread