My 84 Coupe 32V swap

nestmendoza98

Established Member
Got me one of those headache cars to lol! b headed 4v with 4r70w in a 92 notch:
notch2.jpg

IMG00046-20100515-1321.jpg

IMG00363.jpg

IMG00381.jpg

I have the same hotside as you do, also have a MP t70 laying here. In the process of a 3.80 stroker kit with 9.2:1. Going to put about 16 psi on it shortly. Tuned everything myself with a tweecer!

Why didnt you degree the cams out side the car? How do you guys get past the anti theft?

autosay97

Established Member
Already had the engine in, ended up having to pull the heads so I just did it in the car. the early mark viii's didn't have pats.

Slow97bra

4V Swap CHAMP
Established Member
Sweet project autosay, I am also going to a auto, but I intend on going with a TH400 with a brake.

94venomV8

Established Member
Hey just out of curiosity, the ebay kit you got, I was going to order shortly here too. What is the general quality of it and do you think it will hold up to high horsepower, say 20ish PSI???

Slow97bra

4V Swap CHAMP
Established Member
Hey just out of curiosity, the ebay kit you got, I was going to order shortly here too. What is the general quality of it and do you think it will hold up to high horsepower, say 20ish PSI???

Quality is decent.. It looks great on the out side, but some of the fit and finish on the inside is a little shoddy. If you look into the collector on the header, you will see the tubes haven't been cut/ground flush with the collector. It shoulkdn't matter as the air is going past it, bbut could've been better.

epracmetcon

Established Member
So i pt the entire harness in and take it to my tuner and he can tune it out? Can i get a lock smith to by pass it?

When I had my instrument cluster taken out and had the autometer panel put in I had to buy an xcal2 and they turned off the PATS. I don't think a locksmith could bypass it.

Users who are viewing this thread