My 9 year old sons first Supercross race on his quad.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
He kept hounding me to try it, so I found a series that is only a couple hours away. I told him not to get disappointed if he comes in last because his little 4 stroke Honda 90 is stock motor wise, and he said he wouldn't he just wanted to try it.
Well he surprised the hell out of me and I am super proud. Now I gotta make it faster for him so he can start clearing some of these jumps! haha

This is the first two laps of a 6 lap race. He kept pulling ahead after he got the lead, so the video was a little boring after that, so I stopped it after two laps.

[youtube_browser]ilzer7BaOW0[/youtube_browser]

Braden SX NCMP 2 laps - YouTube

DSC01955.jpg

DSC01976.jpg

DSC01984.jpg

DSC01995.jpg

Last edited:

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Good job, he rides pretty well for how young he is.
Tell him to keep up and make sure he doesn't get timid if he falls.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Thanks everybody. He's gonna love the comments. I couldnt believe how well he rode considering he hasnt even been riding for a year yet, and he had never done it before, but i didnt know if it was only cool because I am his dad. haha glad you guys like it too. I've watched the part of the video when he passed the leader in the air about 20 times! Haha

]
That's great. Looks like he can pick lines like a champ. lol
Ya, my wife and I pooked at eachother like "holy crap" when he passed the first rider.
Good job, he rides pretty well for how young he is.
Tell him to keep up and make sure he doesn't get timid if he falls.
he already had a pretty decent wreck at Busco beach riding to close to my friend in 4th gear and didnt see a rut because he was in the dust of the rider in front of him and flipped it 3 times. after flailing around crying for a couple minutes, he realized he wasnt really hurt and got back on to ride back to the toy hauler. I think he trusts his gear now. Hopefully it keeps working for him!

32vGT

Established Member
That is really awesome. I hope you are able to keep up with it all and him. I bet it get expensive fast.

jleews6

Established Member
That's awesome but you have no idea of the little monster you have created by taking him to his first race. :lol:
It was great that he got a win in his first race and it will do allot for his confidence. My son races MX and that's pretty much all my wife and I do because when it starts getting serious it takes a ton of time training and traveling and all your money but trust me, You and your family will have some of the best times of your life together doing it.
If you are interested you can also look into Birch creek MX . They also have the Saturday night SX races. My son doesnt race the small races but if you were to go to Birch let me know. We can show you around the place. They help my son out and let him train there when ever we want.

Congrats and you should be proud. Its an awesome feeling isn't it ?:beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is super impressive. First race! First win! He's got a lot of driving talent there. Nice photos, by the way. :beer: :rockon:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Does he have a neck brace? Those things are life savers.
Yes, no way would I let him ride hard without one.
That is really awesome. I hope you are able to keep up with it all and him. I bet it get expensive fast.
Ya, that's one of the biggest reasons I just sold the Cobra.
That's awesome but you have no idea of the little monster you have created by taking him to his first race. :lol:
It was great that he got a win in his first race and it will do allot for his confidence. My son races MX and that's pretty much all my wife and I do because when it starts getting serious it takes a ton of time training and traveling and all your money but trust me, You and your family will have some of the best times of your life together doing it.
If you are interested you can also look into Birch creek MX . They also have the Saturday night SX races. My son doesnt race the small races but if you were to go to Birch let me know. We can show you around the place. They help my son out and let him train there when ever we want.

Congrats and you should be proud. Its an awesome feeling isn't it ?:beer:
Ya, I sold the cobra so we could focus on the atv's. The while family enjoys riding. My 6 year old daughter even started riding her 90. I'm picking up a motorhome this weekend that is already set up for dirt riding with a built in parts washer, work bench, air compressor, and psi washer in the garage. I figured if he really enjoys it it will really be a great family bonding experience for their whole childhood, and keep him outta some trouble. haha I couldnt believe how excited I was watching him do well in his race.
where is Birch Creek?
That is super impressive. First race! First win! He's got a lot of driving talent there. Nice photos, by the way. :beer: :rockon:
Thanks Bob. Im sure we will have more to come, i'll be sure to post the good ones up here.

Users who are viewing this thread