My '94 Cobra

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I bought this car with 35,500 miles in September of 2015 and it now has 37,800 miles. It was mostly stock the exception of the 96-98 style hood, tails, rear bumper and an off-road H-pipe. Since then I've installed a Vortech V-2 S-Trim and some fuel/suspension/exhaust/interior goodies. The wheels are the 2000 Cobra R reps from LMR wrapped in Nitto NT555 tires 275/35/18 on all corners. It rides great and has respectable street power for sure! I really love this car the paint is pretty good for a 23 year old car and the interior is damn near mint, even the original leather seats.

FullSizeRender_zps1kh7ernr.jpg

FullSizeRender%201_zpsp7vcayi5.jpg

IMG_0483_zpsz6dq7lvk.jpg

IMG_0485_zpsiey4g4oc.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsllvjxdlh.jpg

Lastly here's a short vid from last weekend I had a local guy do a 2 step paint correction and seal the car with C-Quartz.

Thanks for looking!

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I had one and can't seem to find it. I just recently detailed the engine bay too.

Regarding the drop, this is my 4th SN95 Cobra and I've had a variety of spring/shock/strut and even coil-over combos over the years and couldn't find anything that was comfortable to drive in on the shitty roads out here in Southeastern PA. I settled on the Steeda Sport springs for this particular one and although the drop isn't much, I love the ride. At this point I'm OK sacrificing the appearance for ride quality unless I find something better.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I had a rio red '94 Cobra that I bought new. I kept it until Dec 2009... At that point it had a 347ci SVO block Vortech blown monster. It made 560rwhp on 93 with just 11psi. I poured money into that car over the 15+ years I had it. I loved it. In fact I thought I would never ever sell it. What's truely amazing is literally the week I sold it my wife and I conceived our first child. It was all ment to be.
I still miss it!
Sweet ride Busta!

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I had a rio red '94 Cobra that I bought new. I kept it until Dec 2009... At that point it had a 347ci SVO block Vortech blown monster. It made 560rwhp on 93 with just 11psi. I poured money into that car over the 15+ years I had it. I loved it. In fact I thought I would never ever sell it. What's truely amazing is literally the week I sold it my wife and I conceived our first child. It was all ment to be.
I still miss it!
Sweet ride Busta!

That's an awesome story. Too bad you had to get rid of it but man you did it at the right time! I'd love to build up under the hood, at the very least a cam because that looope. Thanks for the compliment!

Very nice. Soo simple and clean!

Thanks buddy! I think these cars especially with the crabclaw style spoiler that the 94-95 Cobra had look good enough already. The hood and the rear bumper were a nice plus when I bought it that way. I am partial to the 94-95 horizontal tails but these are growing on me.

Rare40th

Established Member
Beautiful Rio Red. My Uncle had one with all black interior and leather. Really miss that car and wish I could track it down....

The Y2K R wheels look perfect on it along with that drop from the steeda springs. And it sounds healthy

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good looking Cobra. Simple. Clean. Thumbs up! I agree with Brad that a slight drop in the rear would balance out the stance.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Thanks, I understand the roads as that's something I don't have to deal with. Again, great looking car. I bet it's a blast to drive with that blower.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Nice example. I love me some crab claw. I'll always had a soft spot for the sn-95. My first mustang was a 95 GT when I was 17...that thing pulled some poon back in 97 :). Great car busta.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Beautiful Rio Red. My Uncle had one with all black interior and leather. Really miss that car and wish I could track it down....

The Y2K R wheels look perfect on it along with that drop from the steeda springs. And it sounds healthy

Thanks man. The only wish I would have had was to have the black leather interior.

Good looking Cobra. Simple. Clean. Thumbs up! I agree with Brad that a slight drop in the rear would balance out the stance.

I don't disagree. At some point I'll throw the MM adjustable LCA's on the rear and maybe lower it a tad.

Fantastic car.

Thank you!!

Thanks, I understand the roads as that's something I don't have to deal with. Again, great looking car. I bet it's a blast to drive with that blower.

Haha yeah I have to drive miles out of my neck of the woods for good cruising roads. It's crazy how in PA I live 15 minutes outside of Philly and if I head an hour west it's all farm and country roads.

Very nice, a 23 year old gem.

Thank you :)

Nice example. I love me some crab claw. I'll always had a soft spot for the sn-95. My first mustang was a 95 GT when I was 17...that thing pulled some poon back in 97 :). Great car busta.

HAHA my cars have never quite pulled poon but maybe it's the driver. The girls I've dated over the years could have given a shit less about my cars unfortunately. Thanks brotha!!

paluka21

Established Member
Cool car. I had one just like it. Are you certain that isn't a 95? I ask because behind the front wheel on the rocker panel, there is a piece of rounded trim present that the 94's didn't come with but 95's did. I believe this is the only cosmetic change between a 94 and 95. Unless the previous owner added it, I would say that's a 95.
94 mustang cobra.jpg

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Good eye my friend! Yes it's a '94. I'm *technically* the 2nd owner of the car, although the 3rd as far as CARFAX and the DMV are concerned. The original owner bought the car for his son new in '94, and eventually transferred the title to his son who was the gentlemen that I purchased the car from.

I did ask about the converted body parts, hood, rear bumper, taillights, side skirt trim when I went to see the car and was told that when the '96 came out with the new body parts they took it to a Ford dealer and had them paint and install those parts to look like a '96. Lol.

paluka21

Established Member
Good eye my friend! Yes it's a '94. I'm *technically* the 2nd owner of the car, although the 3rd as far as CARFAX and the DMV are concerned. The original owner bought the car for his son new in '94, and eventually transferred the title to his son who was the gentlemen that I purchased the car from.

I did ask about the converted body parts, hood, rear bumper, taillights, side skirt trim when I went to see the car and was told that when the '96 came out with the new body parts they took it to a Ford dealer and had them paint and install those parts to look like a '96. Lol.

You have yourself a gorgeous car there! I'm a bit envious and wish I would have kept mine closer to stock.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Nice car busta rhymes.

I would suggest putting the horz lights back on so we know it is a 5.0. It is the only way for Mustang people to know if it has a 5.0 or MOD motor.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Thanks brothas! I do agree with you MachME. If I find a pristine set of 94-95 tails already Rio Red for the right price i'll snatch them. They're a pain in the ass to paint because the bezel isn't removable like the 96-98 tails.

Here's a pic of my engine bay I just shot. Just a simple stock 5.0 with a Vortech. I need to get some plug wire separators and tidy some things up.

aOGLASZ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread