My 98 vs. 00 SS

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
A good friend of mine has a `00 Camaro SS, 6spd, SLP car, ported TB, Corsa catback... He would spank me on a daily basis.. until now :banana:

We raced 2 nights ago...from I'd say around 40mph roll.. both times we were DEAD even the whole way... I was thrilled..

My car is a 98 Cobra, 4.10s, underdrives, o/r X, mac catback, K&N filter..

Im tickled to death.. Also, I ran an auto 02 Z28 and put a car on him from a low roll, but I chalk that upp to him being in the wrong gear and having to wait for the downshift.. either way...:beer:

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
BTW autos suck from rolls lol I know first hand

Probably, we went from a higher MPH and he sounded like he was in 2nd and I only got about half a car on him that time..

However, now hes got a 3xxx stall (i forgot) exhaust, intake, tune.. Ran 12.6 at the track the other night with 1.6 60's.. asked me for a rematch, to which I quickly denied and ran away :burn:

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Probably, we went from a higher MPH and he sounded like he was in 2nd and I only got about half a car on him that time..

However, now hes got a 3xxx stall (i forgot) exhaust, intake, tune.. Ran 12.6 at the track the other night with 1.6 60's.. asked me for a rematch, to which I quickly denied and ran away :burn:

LMFAO run him from a dig :poke:

You might still be able to get em from a roll....:coolman:

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
good kills.

EDIT: I would also think that an auto would fair better and worse depending on the speed and of course any tranny mods. Stall and speed could change that around some IMHO.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
lol. This reminds me of a joke I read one time. It was actually a list of goals that Mustang drivers aspire too, and the first one was to be able to beat a stock LS1 Fbody.

Anyways good runs. It sounds like you have a strong car. Being able to hang with a LS powered car(especially one with some mods) in a N/A Mustang is pretty nice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread