My black C6 Z06 w/ new wheels and mods

Z28

Established Member
Wow, the car looks awesome and extremely clean. The procharger is just a bonus!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is one of the nicest looking Vettes I've ever seen. Sinister and classy. The red wheel lip really contrasts nicely with the black paint. The engine puts your car into the nasty realm. Enjoy it! :)

SlwSVT

Established Member
no ratio to my knowledge...i was told it is VP M1 methanol. no mixture of water/meth. it is in my windshield wiper fluid resevoir so if it is running low, the light comes on. i made sure they tuned it on 93 only. after that they activated the meth for "safety". just like running race fuel at the track w/ no race tune.
You should data log it with the meth. Chances are your running pig rich now with the alky. Yes, it will cool the IAT some, but pig rich is not exactly great for the car either. Not to mention, you are probably losing about 40rwhp when the alky sprays.

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
You should data log it with the meth. Chances are your running pig rich now with the alky. Yes, it will cool the IAT some, but pig rich is not exactly great for the car either. Not to mention, you are probably losing about 40rwhp when the alky sprays.

we took it out after the dyno tune and checked the a/f on the road. it was steady at 11.4-11.6 on the top.

SlwSVT

Established Member
we took it out after the dyno tune and checked the a/f on the road. it was steady at 11.4-11.6 on the top.
11.4-11.6 with the meth spraying? If that is the case, then your tune was leaned out for the meth spraying. Which is fine. But, if you truly wanted the meth for safety, then if the meth was somehow to fail, you would probably shoot up past 12-1 a/f. I drop 1 full point with the meth spraying. Going from 11.5-1 a/f down to 10.4-1 a/f with no other changes but activating the meth. BTW, I am running full meth and the kit is from alky.

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
11.4-11.6 with the meth spraying? If that is the case, then your tune was leaned out for the meth spraying. Which is fine. But, if you truly wanted the meth for safety, then if the meth was somehow to fail, you would probably shoot up past 12-1 a/f. I drop 1 full point with the meth spraying. Going from 11.5-1 a/f down to 10.4-1 a/f with no other changes but activating the meth. BTW, I am running full meth and the kit is from alky.

you are correct...w/ out the meth it was at 12.0 on 93 octane. i double checked w/ the tuner after i posted this b/c you got me to thinking and wondering. he said it was 11.2-11.3 on the top with the meth. the meth we are using is VP M1.

SlwSVT

Established Member
you are correct...w/ out the meth it was at 12.0 on 93 octane. i double checked w/ the tuner after i posted this b/c you got me to thinking and wondering. he said it was 11.2-11.3 on the top with the meth. the meth we are using is VP M1.
So, it looks like the timing tables are based off 93 octane and the tune was leaned out for the meth spraying. Nice to know, that you can add timing with the meth spraying and even pick up some more power. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread