my bro is getting a 2013.. wants to start with...

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
drive it like it comes and get to know it. is he going to track drive this car or is just a hot rod for the street?

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
as a racer, i can tell you that the easiest way to mess up your stuff is by modifying it en masse.

drive it stock for a while. ford motor company spent a lot of time and effort on getting the setup on this car tuned just right.

if you are just driving it on the street, after the recommended break in period add a little power with one change at a time. make sure you and the car like the change. if you change three things and the car isnt happy, you may not know why.

then look at your brakes. one thing at a time. cooling, pad compound and so forth.

dont lower this car just to make it look "cooler". its set up to run at its ride height.

LindsayEOD

Established Member
Im not impressed with the Airaid PJ version as far as CAI's go. My Steeda is much nicer. For tune I would just stick with the Trackey. For exhaust, the Roush's sound wicked. They are very loud though.

LindsayEOD

Established Member
Why? I've seen the Airaid and it's a quality piece.

The quality was below what I expected. Granted, I was spoiled by the Steeda one but there were a lot of sharp edges on it and just looked cheap overall. Compared to the plastic of the JLT that I've seen, it wasn't on the same level of quality either. This is just my opinion. Im no CAI expert. Just trying to help the OP out.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Im not impressed with the Airaid PJ version as far as CAI's go. My Steeda is much nicer. For tune I would just stick with the Trackey. For exhaust, the Roush's sound wicked. They are very loud though.

I have the first one that shipped, and it's down right spectacular. The TracKey is worthless in my opinion, purely placebo and novelty (sorry if that offends any of the believers, just my opinion). If you want some real gains then get a tune from a reputable tuner. I picked up 6mph over my stock baseline with an exhaust, Airaid cai, and remote tune. Hard to compete with those results compared to 0 with the TracKey.

IMG_9215.gif

IMG_9218.gif

IMG_9459.gif

I bolted it on without a tune and the driveability was perfect. Definitely no rough edges or any imperfections on mine. I'm pretty sure I have one of the fastest et/mph bolt-on N/A Boss's so there definitely isnt any issues with performance.

Post up some pics and results from that superior Steeda cai.

Last edited:

LindsayEOD

Established Member
Maybe I should've sent it back... Too late now I suppose. I agree the trackey is more a novelty but it doesnt void the warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread