My Build list (would like opinions)

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
Been a while since I've posted on here, life has gotten in the way. I've gotten to a point where I need to finalize the parts I want to put on the cobra. I apologize as this is a subject that comes up a lot. There's just been a lot of new parts and stuff made or discontinued so I'd like up to date info.

My goal for the car is to make about 650+ HP on E85 to the ground and have a fun street driven car that sees the track occasionally. I have ideas on the parts I want but not sure if they're the best. I'd appreciate opinions on if these are good/bad or if you'd go another direction and why. I'm looking budget friendly as well. I don't mind spending a few hundred extra on a better product but I have to keep it reasonable. Appreciate everyone's help.

Mods Done
JLT Cold Air
MAC longtubes and exhaust
FTBR in the IRS with Billet Housing
MCleod RXT/Flywheel/TOB/ETC (Not installed yet)
MGW Shifter
Guages
Dual Wideband
SubFrames
JLT Catch Can/Breathers
Firewall Adjuster/Quadrant
SCT X4

Mods to Buy
VMP TVS/GT500 TB/ 19psi
Return Style fuel system for E85 - ( was going to do lethal's budget style but have no clue pumps or anything needed)
80lbs injectors - ( was considering Sieman Deka but haven't heard good things)
Idlers - (planned on doing billetflow Ilders)
SCT BA-3000 MAF
Cooling mod - (Which one or any at all)
Then a tune of course

f2hatch

Established Member
Everything looks good. But a few changes I would make are
1 metcos instead of billetflow my belt slipped with the bf and most tvs guys with no slip run metcos. I switched and it fixed my issues.

2 on the fuel system if you can swim it get the fore innovations system much nicer quality I’ve worked with both systems and there is a noticeable difference. Pumps do two Walbro or ti 450 or 465s injectors I had good luck with Siemens but never ran them on e85 I have id1000’s but $$

Head Cooling mod get the Cobra engineering one

bigmoose

Established Member
Been a while since I've posted on here, life has gotten in the way. I've gotten to a point where I need to finalize the parts I want to put on the cobra. I apologize as this is a subject that comes up a lot. There's just been a lot of new parts and stuff made or discontinued so I'd like up to date info.

My goal for the car is to make about 650+ HP on E85 to the ground and have a fun street driven car that sees the track occasionally. I have ideas on the parts I want but not sure if they're the best. I'd appreciate opinions on if these are good/bad or if you'd go another direction and why. I'm looking budget friendly as well. I don't mind spending a few hundred extra on a better product but I have to keep it reasonable. Appreciate everyone's help.

Mods Done
JLT Cold Air
MAC longtubes and exhaust
FTBR in the IRS with Billet Housing
MCleod RXT/Flywheel/TOB/ETC (Not installed yet)
MGW Shifter
Guages
Dual Wideband
SubFrames
JLT Catch Can/Breathers
Firewall Adjuster/Quadrant
SCT X4

Mods to Buy
VMP TVS/GT500 TB/ 19psi
Return Style fuel system for E85 - ( was going to do lethal's budget style but have no clue pumps or anything needed)
80lbs injectors - ( was considering Sieman Deka but haven't heard good things)
Idlers - (planned on doing billetflow Ilders)
SCT BA-3000 MAF
Cooling mod - (Which one or any at all)
Then a tune of course

My 2 cents...

Go with a JLT RAI. They are easier to remove for maintenance and sound better. Ive had both and while the cold air has lower IAT1 temps, my IAT2 temps were not affected.

You don't need headers unless you are just doing it for the sound.

Go fore for the fuel system, don't even consider anything else. I think the 465s are overkill. I run AEM 320e that draw much less current and are suited to well over 700whp. No issues for me.

80#s are fine for 650whp. I run them and my car idles perfect. They are fine if you have a good tuner that knows how to work with them.

BF idlers here for the past 3 years with zero issues. I run a BF upper 2.76 on my KB2.2 and have zero slip.

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
Thanks for the input guys. Headers are already on, did them because I like the sound and to future proof myself.

I actually tossed the idea of going to a RAI instead of the CAI, but I already have the CAI. So figured I'd use what I have.

oxford03cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
For the fuel system I recommend Fore Innovations. That's what I run and I'm still running SD 80lb injectors I run twin walbro 465's with one on a hobb's switch and I run the Fc3 controller. The Lethal performance head cooling mod will work just fine for you and you could just use a Diablo Sport mafia with you stock maf sensor and be fine.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I carry Fore for in-tank options only. It's all I'll use. Division X has issues at times hitting the bottom of the tank. If you want someone to walk you through the options from Fore I can, a lot of people over buy on their fuel systems.

Siemens 80s will be ok if your tuner is ok with them. Some tuners hate them and refuse to run them, they can be made to idle decent but compared to something like bosch 105 or ID 1050 they are pretty rough. Just expect to run a bit rich at idle running them.

305Cobra

Established Member
I would delete all and start this new list

Cg fabrication single turbo set up $1200
Precision 76/85 gen 2 turbo
Precision wastegate and blowoff valve
Ams 1000
Id 1300
Magnafuel 750
Precision intercoler
And 1000whp @20 psi low boost ..cant get any better : )

01yellercobra

Established Member
I would delete all and start this new list

Cg fabrication single turbo set up $1200
Precision 76/85 gen 2 turbo
Precision wastegate and blowoff valve
Ams 1000
Id 1300
Magnafuel 750
Precision intercoler
And 1000whp @20 psi low boost ..cant get any better : )
Not everyone wants 1000hp. For 650hp the blower will be just fine for him.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

305Cobra

Established Member
Not everyone wants 1000hp. For 650hp the blower will be just fine for him.

He can always just lower the boost at the push of a button.. he will save money in the long run . Last time i checked this is a forum to talk about cars not spelling such little sazzy girls when someone misspells dont get it lol

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Which ever route you go, hit me up at Springfield cars & coffee when it warms up. I made a few of them last year. I'll either be in one of the Terminator's, Shelby or Mach 1.

01yellercobra

Established Member
He can always just lower the boost at the push of a button.. he will save money in the long run . Last time i checked this is a forum to talk about cars not spelling such little sazzy girls when someone misspells dont get it lol
Still depends on his goals. A correct turbo kit can get very expensive and be more of a headache than a blower.

The misspelling thing is a joke that is my signature for Tapatalk. Nothing "sazzy" about it.

305Cobra

Established Member
Still depends on his goals. A correct turbo kit can get very expensive and be more of a headache than a blower.

The misspelling thing is a joke that is my signature for Tapatalk. Nothing "sazzy" about it.

No hard feelings bro i misread .. if he goes the way i wrote it will be fairly a little more expensive but he will be happier with results and also assuming his motor is stock it will also thank him when removing the blower and installing a turbo

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

This. When building a quality turbo setup it will get expensive. The shop I've had do work in the past said it would cost around 10-12k.

My "street" car is plenty of fun with a tvs, 21lbs, and e85.

My setup:
TVS blower, gt500tb, 21lbs.
ID1000 injectors.
Fore innovation level 2, stock rails, AEM 320e pumps, dead head.
JLT RAI.
Sct 2600 maf.
ARH headers.
Head cooling mod, 170 t stat.

01yellercobra

Established Member
No hard feelings bro i misread .. if he goes the way i wrote it will be fairly a little more expensive but he will be happier with results and also assuming his motor is stock it will also thank him when removing the blower and installing a turbo
No worries.

Happier is relative. If he was looking to make a beast that will run at T2K I'd say go turbo as well. But it sounds like he just wants a good street car. While 650 is common on here, it's still not common in reality. You'd be surprised how many people consider my upper only 04 fast.

Plus some prefer blowers over turbos. I looked into turbos for my last car and decided to stick with a blower. This one is all opinion of course.

305Cobra

Established Member
No worries.

Happier is relative. If he was looking to make a beast that will run at T2K I'd say go turbo as well. But it sounds like he just wants a good street car. While 650 is common on here, it's still not common in reality. You'd be surprised how many people consider my upper only 04 fast.

Plus some prefer blowers over turbos. I looked into turbos for my last car and decided to stick with a blower. This one is all opinion of course.

True that .. i have nothing against a vmp i just bought a brand new one for my termi swapped foxbody ..he can even make over 700 with it ..

f2hatch

Established Member
And a turbo isn’t for everyone I spent a lot of money to find out i hate a turbo. I love this car with a blower and if I want more then blower and spray.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I have nothing against turbos....but these cars are legends because of that factory blower/IC setup. Any number of these aftermarket blowers can bolt right up over a weekend and make 700 all day on ethanol, and be damn reliable. And you retain that cool looking top end blower aesthetic the way John Coletti intended. A turbo build is cool in it's own right, but it's a much larger project, not near as turn key as doing a whipple or tvs swap, and it just doesn't look as good underhood as the blower terminators.

Now the new 5.0's with the hellion twin setups, now those look really cool underhood. The turbo terminator engine bays I've seen don't look near as tidy.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
if I want more then blower and spray.

Yep, that's what I did with my coupe. Run supercharger all day. Then at the track turn on the nitrous and run a little faster :D.......

(Disclaimer: Not as fast as a turbo or TVS Cobra, but still loads of fun).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread