My Build list (would like opinions)

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yep, that's what I did with my coupe. Run supercharger all day. Then at the track turn on the nitrous and run a little faster :D.......
You wouldn't need as much nitrous if you didn't run that dinner plate sized pulley. ;)

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
You wouldn't need as much nitrous if you didn't run that dinner plate sized pulley. ;)

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

That's very true Bob. However, in my neck of the woods I don't have access to great tuners and I have not researched what I would need in order to data log in order to get an effective emailed tune to run a smaller pulley.

Also, I'm more interested in getting my 65 going again than having a beast of a Terminator. When my 65 small block (347) was running it out ran my Cobra from a roll and BOTH cars were OFF the bottle. So, my NA 65 beat my supercharged Cobra from a roll (Got to love a lighter car with more cubic inches) :D.

thatdude305

Established Member
Ford the injectors you need Injector Dynamics because E85 is corrosive and the insides of those have a different material that doesn't corrode.
For cooling mods, bigger heat exchanger, and the head unit cooling mod foe the driver side. I forgot which one to use.
Also as far as pullies I would look into South Florida Pulley Headquaters, I feel like with Billetflow your paying for a name.
Ypu also might need a 26 pline input

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
Thanks for your reply guys. 26 spline is already here with the clutch just need to put it in.

I'm not going turbo. To me the car came factory SC'd so I want to keep it that way. Now if I owned a 5.0 turbo would be the way I'd go. I'm not looking for something to go out and drag race everyone and compete or anything. I just want a fun street car. Sadly I don't drive the car as much as I should.

305Cobra

Established Member
I have nothing against turbos....but these cars are legends because of that factory blower/IC setup. Any number of these aftermarket blowers can bolt right up over a weekend and make 700 all day on ethanol, and be damn reliable. And you retain that cool looking top end blower aesthetic the way John Coletti intended. A turbo build is cool in it's own right, but it's a much larger project, not near as turn key as doing a whipple or tvs swap, and it just doesn't look as good underhood as the blower terminators.

Now the new 5.0's with the hellion twin setups, now those look really cool underhood. The turbo terminator engine bays I've seen don't look near as tidy.

I agree with you about bolting them in in a few hours however when you account the money spent on a blower is almost same i spent doing my own turbonkit with cg fabrication and have to correct you on engine bay looks there are plenty of killer set ups on terminators like front face mounted turbos and what nicer than a wilson manifold with a round throttle body..

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
While stainless insides of the 1050x do help with e85 as long as you don't let e85 SIT in the injectors and cycle pump through before you store it and from time to time you can get away with running other injectors. (Coming from someone who sells ID injectors).

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I agree with you about bolting them in in a few hours however when you account the money spent on a blower is almost same i spent doing my own turbonkit with cg fabrication and have to correct you on engine bay looks there are plenty of killer set ups on terminators like front face mounted turbos and what nicer than a wilson manifold with a round throttle body..

Not everyone wants the powerband/complexity of a turbo kit. A TVS is a much easier bolt on affair and cheaper. It will produce the power he wants easily and still be a super fun stick car. Hell, it would probably drag the ass of most cheaply done turbo cobra's with a stick.

305Cobra

Established Member
And a turbo isn’t for everyone I spent a lot of money to find out i hate a turbo. I love this car with a blower and if I want more then blower and spray.
Sure enough i respect your opinion and i do also have a vmp car but aint no blower nitrous cobra getting close to any big turbo cobra is plain simple..

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The crazy thing is, a guy on social media posted his tvs, irs, 6 speed, on 20lbs running a 9.8@141 mph. Untouched short block.

He has a lot of suspension work done, but I believe the cars street manners are awesome.

305Cobra

Established Member
I got nothing but love for vmp look what just arrived today for my street car
zYq792v.jpg

blownfox

Established Member
Btw for vmp reach out to MalcolmV8 here great deals and honest

+1

I ordered my VMP set up and then a fore return system from MaclcolmV8 (MD Racing). Also his new website has made ordering very easy. The best thing about Malcolm is he test/uses this stuff on his own car.

cj428mach

Established Member
+1

I ordered my VMP set up and then a fore return system from MaclcolmV8 (MD Racing). Also his new website has made ordering very easy. The best thing about Malcolm is he test/uses this stuff on his own car.
I agree completely.

Baltajr

I may have some items for sale that you are looking for. I’m in the process of parting my car out. I have a return style fuel system with fore rails and 85lb injectors from siemen. A lot of other stuff as well. Let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread