my c6 Z broke 500whp on the dyno yesterday

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
2007 Z with PRC265 heads, tune, borla type s catback. this week pfadt headers and air raid intake went on at cordes performance racing in Mesa, AZ. hit up a dyno day yesterday in tucson.
[youtube_browser]c0WAnQ0LBuU&list=UUbpn6tuaT4u8FgWa_PLH_0Q][/youtube_browser]

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
very nice.........and I have the same heads :)
nice! what are you mods and power numbers? just curious.

Nice, should really wake up with a cam. Any plans in the near future for one?

yes sir! i've been piecing this build together (probably cost me more in the long run, but i could not drop 8k on a full build all at once)

anyways, a mild a cam in the near future. hoping to make about 540-550whp.

R1Lello

Established Member
nice! what are you mods and power numbers? just curious.

yes sir! i've been piecing this build together (probably cost me more in the long run, but i could not drop 8k on a full build all at once)

anyways, a mild a cam in the near future. hoping to make about 540-550whp.

I'm at 525 rwhp, very mild cam, heads and mf103 intake.....full stock exhaust front to rear.....I'm told holding me back 30-40 hp with my cam and heads but.... Love it, very streetable

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Why did you opt to port the heads before adding a cam? Strong #s.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Why did you opt to port the heads before adding a cam? Strong #s.

Probably to avoid the chance of the dropped valve issue on the LS7. Happened to a small # of cars. Machining issue from a supplier. Installing new guides solves the problem but might as well port the heads while their off.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Probably to avoid the chance of the dropped valve issue on the LS7. Happened to a small # of cars. Machining issue from a supplier. Installing new guides solves the problem but might as well port the heads while their off.

ahh makes sense, I wasn't aware of this issue or that people were working their heads to avoid it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice power, and it sounds great. I love Atomic Orange!

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
this. it they are actually aftermarket heads PRC 265's. i sold the stock heads.
Did you guys do heads without tunes?

it is custom tuned.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
OP, not sure how good the shop is doing your work but if you ever have any doubts, hit up Garth at Leading Edge Performance out here in Vegas. A buddy of mine has a C5 Z, a built C6 with a nice sized centri (not sure which kit) and a built C6 Z all done by him. My buddy is very VERY particular about who touches his cars and he swears by this guy. Just a thought.

Blown02

Established Member
very nice sir. good upgrades.. now put a cam in it and make some serious power :D

see sig for my cam choice and power #s withstock compression.

Last edited:

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
How do you like the pfadt headers?

Thinking about getting a set for my Z.

I don't have anything to compare them to. But I love them. But u might have a hard time getting your hands on a set as they just recently went out of business. According to a statement they released... they were overwhelmed with orders (I waited a month foe mine) and when they approached their lender to get more money for a bigger facility etc. Apparently that didnt go over wel. Long story short. Ended up shutting their doors. My guess is its a short hiatus.

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
nice op! well definitely need to meet up for some fun runs!
Sounds good.
very nice sir. good upgrades.. now put a cam in it and make some serious power :D

see sig for my cam choice and power #s withstock compression.
ur numbers are so impressive. 612 hp in a corvette is alot. My car feels so fast at 500hp I couldn't imagine another 100. Im doing a mild cam and calling it a day. Hoping for 540 to 550hp.

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
I'm at 525 rwhp, very mild cam, heads and mf103 intake.....full stock exhaust front to rear.....I'm told holding me back 30-40 hp with my cam and heads but.... Love it, very streetable
Nice. If u like the stock exhaust sound then sont go aftermarket.with my headers and borla s type the car is very loud. Inside and out. And highway speeds at long periods of time will make u feel like u just left a rock concert. It sounds sexy as hell. Love the rumble. Love the gsrgle it makes when u let off it. But it is definitely loud.
OP, not sure how good the shop is doing your work but if you ever have any doubts, hit up Garth at Leading Edge Performance out here in Vegas. A buddy of mine has a C5 Z, a built C6 with a nice sized centri (not sure which kit) and a built C6 Z all done by him. My buddy is very VERY particular about who touches his cars and he swears by this guy. Just a thought.
Thanks for thr heads up. Im very very happy with CPR in mesa. They have done great work so far and are LSX experts.

Users who are viewing this thread