My car just caught on fire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I have to agree, what are they repairing if nothing was wrong? That cannot be diag. Pull a seat, run codes at best is 3-4 hours.

Probably new carpet, new center console, maybe new wiring harness, and lots of labor lol.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I agree with everyone else - never heard of an insurance company saying you have to give them the $1000 deductible up front. I mean I guess you would if they were handling the payment to the repair shop - but that should be an option you choose, not a requirement.

And FWIW, OP I still believe you. I just don't see you being dumb enough to think you could scam Ford. I have a deep understanding of how large corporations think in these matters and I think they made a very carefully calculated decision to tell you as little as possible and deny your claim.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Probably new carpet, new center console, maybe new wiring harness, and lots of labor lol.

If going insurance route have them replace everything, makes sense. It would be hilarious if they put it all back together and it does the same thing. Then what?

Big question, with this car being so new are these parts available?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
If going insurance route have them replace everything, makes sense. It would be hilarious if they put it all back together and it does the same thing. Then what?

Big question, with this car being so new are these parts available?

I would guess everyone would pin it on the repair shop and they would be held responsible.

kb1982

Established Member
First person you should have called was the insurance company. Just like Ford, they have lawyers just sitting around on the payroll waiting for cases. Niether Ford nor the insurance company wants to pay for damage, and if the insuarance company had reasonable expectation that it was Fords fault, they would have pursued them. Let two giants fight it out.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Pay up front? Never heard of that and I'm an insurance agent.

They send out an adjuster to look at the car and then pay for the repairs LESS the deductible. For example, it's $2300 to repair, they will cut you a check for $1300.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pay up front? Never heard of that and I'm an insurance agent.

They send out an adjuster to look at the car and then pay for the repairs LESS the deductible. For example, it's $2300 to repair, they will cut you a check for $1300.

+1,000,000

OP, I feel as if there is something you aren't telling us.

acrbill

Established Member
Why do you think he isn't telling the entire story. He is showing us everything he has gotten thus far. You think they would send that letter denying him then send a separate letter outlining why? The guy is obviously stressed out pretty bad and doesn't know how to deal with this situation.

Danman0469

Established Member
Why do you think he isn't telling the entire story. He is showing us everything he has gotten thus far. You think they would send that letter denying him then send a separate letter outlining why? The guy is obviously stressed out pretty bad and doesn't know how to deal with this situation.
Same thing I've been thinking.

1. I dont see why someone would waste their time to fabricate a story as elaborate as this and then post it on the internet.

2. It was a brand new car and I don't see what or how this fire could've been attributed to OP.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Same thing I've been thinking.

1. I dont see why someone would waste their time to fabricate a story as elaborate as this and then post it on the internet.

2. It was a brand new car and I don't see what or how this fire could've been attributed to OP.

catfish?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I hate being this way, but I have seen some real crazy BS stories on here the last couple years. I just feel like there's something fishy about this whole situation.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I hate being this way, but I have seen some real crazy BS stories on here the last couple years. I just feel like there's something fishy about this whole situation.

There are a few parts of this story that make me a little leery too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread