My Cobra is falling on its face hard while shifting from 3rd to 4th gear?

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
Thanks for your replies Guys. I finally got to datalog it today twice, the first run was good that I logged and the second pull it fell on its face on the 2-3 shift. Anyone care to look at my datalogs? Its all a foreign language to me, hopefully I got the right perameters...

csilvers1984

Established Member
Dude I just got my bap rewired and a race gas tune,mine does the same thing!! But usually only when I'm shifting really fast(powershifting or not)my tuner said it would do it then the computer will adjust accordinly and he can go back into the tune and make adjustments. Is your bap wired pre or post fpdm?

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
*Update*

I changed the plugs a few weeks ago and found that the previous owner never had the gap set where it should be on any of the plugs. One was as much as .050 and the lowest was .038 and most were around .040-.044

Once the new set was installed gapped at .032 (NGK TR6), the issue was gone! :) Turns out Imust have been blowing the spark out. Wow, what a difference in the way the car works now. So much better throttle response and no bogging down between shifts either.

I hope this helps anyone else who may be experiencing similar issues, and sorry it took me so long to update.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the update Jared. I wish everyone took the time to post a conclusion in a thread. It would help others in the future when they use the Search function here. Hearing about the problem and never reading the solution can be frustrating. Thanks again! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread