My Cobra keeps dying randomly

hitnrun

Established Member
So ever since I bought my sn95 it would randomly die once in a blue moon. Didn't matter if I was accelerating, decelerating, idling, etc. Literally completely random. If I had the a/c going while this happened the a/c would stop blowing cold air then start working again about 5 minutes later. Then last night it started to get worse. Now it idles high for a few seconds, dips down (from about 2k to 600) multiple times and either will end up dying or idling normal for a few more minutes then continue to idle weird or cut out while driving. Fuel pressure is about 22psi at idle (I know it is low but it is constant) and goes up normally as throttle position increases. Any help is appreciated, thank you much.

Mods (that may matter):
V1 Vortech kit with a pos FPM
255lph fp
42# injectors

hitnrun

Established Member
Oh, also occasionally when it dies the battery voltage light will come on. Also, the voltage is constant at 13V as well

SVT CAMR

Established Member
CPS! Crank Position Sensor. To the left of the harmonic balancer pulley. There is a plug. Check for oil saturation. Possible replace sensor. Easy swap.

hitnrun

Established Member
I thought both of those things but CPS will throw a CEL and there are none. I thought it may be the idle air control valve but that doesn't make sense because I have never heard or seen that kill your car while driving. I am about to put the car under the knife and swap a d1sc kit on so it will be re tuned in a few weeks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread