My Cobra Vs 03 z06

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Not too much of a race but anywho i was cruzin around solo last night just bored , and stumbled apon a clean black 03 zo6 wich a nice cam lope to it .. we just were cruzin side by side for quite a few blocks then he rolls his window down at a stop light and i asked him what he had ,he said cam long tubes cat back and intake then he purged haha but i didnt hear how much shot he said but i said ill run ya off bottle not sure if he had heard me anywho we continue to the freeway and get settled a lil ... i was trying to draw him down to 40 for 2nd but he wouldnt slow down enouph so we were about 55 mph in third before i completely settled he started honking and i didnt hear the first one so by the time he jumped i had a lil delay before i stabbed in .. right at first i was about a half car back so he edged a couple inches for a sec then a lil over 5 k i started to gain back slowly then we were nose to nose BAHH the we had to shut down due to traffic .. then he rolls his window down and said " thats off bottle buddy " im thinkin uhhh no shit like i realy thought he was sprayig. haha i said lets have a clean run from 2nd and he nodded and i followed but then he wouldnt do anything anymore and exited... it was lame ,i wanted to see what would have happened so bad even though i figure i might have lost the faster we went ... but i thought my car ran good 3rd for 3rd with that thing with his mods sorry for such a boring story i wish it had a final outcome

16kOrBust

Established Member
Good kill. A cammed Z06 is no joke and you definitely hung very well. Too bad he wouldn't give you the second gear roll.

LKGRenegade22

Established Member
I don't think you would want that cammed Z to run from 40 or so. That would be in his power band and a cammed Z is no joke. Even on a mild cam he still should have had around 410-420rwhp, it was aggressive 450rwhp with stock heads.

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
Yeah im currently making 456 rwhp 484 rwtw <<<< --- this power was made with a stock heat exchanger with a lil heat soak due to back to back pulls ,since then i have installed a LFP duel pass H/E 2 weeks ago - then a couple of days ago i bought dual 6 1/2 inch spal puller fans and had then installed on the back of my H/E hooked up to my IC pump and i think thats helped me a bit according to my butt dyno hah i have not used my race gas tune yet.

Thanks , his car sounded pretty aggressive and i would not be suprised if i lost but i was suprised how my car did in 3rd with him jumping , a couple people iv talked to might know who he is so hopefully someday i will get a legit run with him

LKGRenegade22

Established Member
Thanks , his car sounded pretty aggressive and i would not be suprised if i lost but i was suprised how my car did in 3rd with him jumping , a couple people iv talked to might know who he is so hopefully someday i will get a legit run with him

Did you sell the Whipple to pay for the new motor?

LKGRenegade22

Established Member
Yeah i sold the whipple to help pay for the motor rebuild , i wish i still had it , next time i will do everything the right way when i grab another twin screw , so for now i just have to be content with the power i have

Yeah you can always build it back up. How much was the rebuild?

2003 SVT ROUSH

~SNAKE AND BAKE~
Established Member
I had it bored 0.20 ... i dont remember the brand of rings but canned the stock pistons and grabbed some Manley pistons to match the rods , new rod bearings , main bearings , new crank ( didnt need to replace the crank i just got a good deal on it )Arp main studs ,head studs , valve job on heads , parts and labor from motor pulled to put back in with new tune ect it was like 5k

LKGRenegade22

Established Member
I had it bored 0.20 ... i dont remember the brand of rings but canned the stock pistons and grabbed some Manley pistons to match the rods , new rod bearings , main bearings , new crank ( didnt need to replace the crank i just got a good deal on it )Arp main studs ,head studs , valve job on heads , parts and labor from motor pulled to put back in with new tune ect it was like 5k

That seems fairly reasonable. I was wondering since I am picking up my Whippled Cobra this week and it's pushing over 600rwhp.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
I ran a car just like the you ran. We did 4 races all from 2nd. Every time it was the same thing up to 120... He would beat me by 2.5 cars plus or minus a half a car... He had tune issues so it shoulda been more I imagine. I was still happy to put up a respectable race.

Users who are viewing this thread