My dads thinking about getting this 65, what do you think?

rfat16

Muscle Car Master
Established Member
Ok so here we go:
As a dealer, conv. and fastbacks are going to be around the same price. Depending on how extensive the restoration is, i would say a real nice car would be worth $25-35k. Obviously there are exceptions like a K code or a car that was highly optioned from the factory or a "frame off" nut and bolt restoration. In Jan. we sold a fastback at BJ for $34k and had a horrid time slot. It was a red oxcide floors, stripped to metal and painted, rebuilt motor with a 70k mile warranty....that sort of thing. It was just a C code but we added some of the more popular appearance upgrades like the GT light bar and trumpet exhaust.

I would sit mom and pop down and have them give you a check list of what they want. Don't settle but be realistic(You're not going to get a nice mustang for $5k). Make for certain the car is not hiding and major rust issues. That is a big pain in the butt trying to get that straightened out. Do some searching and you don't have to buy the first thing that falls into your lap.

As for the Poppy Red conv. The Hipo emblems cheapen the car up I think. The hood....imo only looks right on a Shelby or a clone. I think the stripes liven it up.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
How dare you mention the Mustang II :bash: or the Ghia or even the King Cobra... dark times my friend, dark times lol

LOL I actually have had the Mustang II grow on me. Look up Sudden Death. Gapp and Roush built II w/ 505 twin turbo setup.
Currently being restored and its pretty sweet.
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread