My day at stifflers !!

quikstang90

Established Member
I just wanted to share my experience i had today with an awesome business. Talked with Brian (the owner) of stifflers chasis and suspension in plainfield indiana about a week ago about having them install the fit system on my shelby. We set up an appt and i waited a week. Woke up this morning and left the house around 7:30 to start the hour and a half trip with the mrs. riding shotgun. My appt was for 9:30. Upon arriving we were welcomed by Brian and got the tour of his facility, pretty impressive all the new products he was working on. He got my car in right away and him and the staff were very careful and respectful with it. Got to talking with Brian and he asked my wife if she had eaten breakfast yet and we hadnt due to leaving the house early and not eating in my car ! Lol. She told him no .... so he throws me the keys to his personal 2016 mustang ecoboost and recommends a place for us to go and eat . We come back about an hour later and the staff are really making progress, drivers side was in, and welded and they were working on the passenger side. Started talking with Brian some more and he informed me that they are now making stainless steel braided brake and clutch lines. I asked if i bought one would they throw it on? He gladly obliged and away they went! Car turned out amazing! Excellent work , and the kicker was he only charged me for the fit system and a discounted rate for the install , and just the clutch hose... no labor on that and me and the wifey got free t shirts !! They were very accomadating , friendly, fast , professional, and a good group of guys all around . Definitely recommend them to any of you guys looking for subframes, driveshaft safety loops , or any of their other product!!
15892d76db75510f6a1fe640d4451351.jpg
8913c5f6c08980847ab5e68b67e465b2.jpg
48521eb9b45deb43a68225da6093846d.jpg
ff023bf36af1e81ddd4c310048d9b477.jpg
af1b5e4b9f63565449632470c0d27e74.jpg
6f033aaaaca62b452cb0e2caa48b13be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

quikstang90

Established Member
That's great to hear. Sounds like a standup guy with a nice business.

Sweet Shelby too!

I couldn't believe the hospitality. I mean what business owner just throws his keys at u and says to go eat ? He didnt know me from a hole in the wall..... just very appreciative of his customers i guess

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I have NEVER seen or heard of chassis braces or subs welded in while on a 2 post lift of similar. The vehicle should always have the suspension loaded and sitting on the wheels.

Tom

Cman01

hello
Established Member
The car does look to be loaded on the suspension. If you look at the last pic again the car was raised on the hoist but dropped slightly onto the tall jackstands under the rear axle and frt control arms.

It's hard to see but they did the install right it looks like.

Now speaking of subframes connectors, I had always heard that S197 cars (coupes) were plenty stiff enough compared to fox or SN95 cars where they didn't really need subframe braces, so what's the scoop on them for our cars are they really needed?

OP I see you have a Shelby with TP, did the connectors fit nice on your car with the rear axle lines running along the framerails of your car?

I had purchased Steeda torque box braces shortly after I got my Shelby but they didn't fit right because my car has TP (lines interfered with them so I had to return them), it was around this time that I was told my others on the forum that they aren't really needed on S197 cars.

Tony

Beavis281

Established Member
Sounded like a great experience!

Stifflers is a 2 hour drive for me (Dayton). This would be a nice little road trip for me when I decide to get subframes installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, Stifflers has a good reputation, and it's nice to hear about a personal experience like this. You're going to more enjoy driving your GT-500 now. Good looking one, too! ;)

quikstang90

Established Member
The car does look to be loaded on the suspension. If you look at the last pic again the car was raised on the hoist but dropped slightly onto the tall jackstands under the rear axle and frt control arms.

It's hard to see but they did the install right it looks like.

Now speaking of subframes connectors, I had always heard that S197 cars (coupes) were plenty stiff enough compared to fox or SN95 cars where they didn't really need subframe braces, so what's the scoop on them for our cars are they really needed?

OP I see you have a Shelby with TP, did the connectors fit nice on your car with the rear axle lines running along the framerails of your car?

I had purchased Steeda torque box braces shortly after I got my Shelby but they didn't fit right because my car has TP (lines interfered with them so I had to return them), it was around this time that I was told my others on the forum that they aren't really needed on S197 cars.

Tony

Yyeas the subframes fit perfectly with no moving of the im assuming you are talking about the rear oil cooler lines up the passenger side? Yea no problems at all. They lay right on top of brace. And yes they need the bracing.... me and brian actually had this discussion while at stifflers..... the chasis on the s197 is alot more rigid than say that of a foxbody.... but the v6 cars now are putting out more power than the fox body did then..the newer cars are making alot more power than they were 2010 years ago. And after the install i can definitely tell a huge difference in how the car drives, and feels going down the road

Imatk

Established Member
Congrats man, I have these on my Shelby. I was told they basically saved my life on the car that I wrecked so I got them again... great product. Nice to hear that the company is run so well.

Users who are viewing this thread