My DD - 2011 Kia Optima

blacksrt

Established Member
yeah I went and looked at one a while back. Sat in it. Real nice interior.

Apparently the head, or a, designer from Audi left to work for KIA a few years back. He was in charge of the design for the Optima.

True! Audi's chief designer left and went to Kia............ We'll continue to see some very nice rides from Kia in the future. :rockon:

blacksrt

Established Member
This is the color of hers!

Trust me when I say, "once you get past the "kia" stigma, one will be quite happy with their purchase."

ewnbf.jpg

Last edited:

Crazy Ray

Established Member
Had a friend who bought one. I was impress with it, that I brought a 2012. Like it better then the Honda Accord.

20redfire03

Established Member
I never considerd one of these when I was buying my DD. They dont look to bad but I ended up going with a 2011 Focus. May not look as sharp in some areas as the KIA but atleast its a FORD :rockon:

CBrowning84

Established Member
True! Audi's chief designer left and went to Kia............ We'll continue to see some very nice rides from Kia in the future. :rockon:

Very interesting! That explains a lot! I love that color blue that your wife has, I wish I could have got that color or a little darker, but I do like the dark rims with this color silver.

CBrowning84

Established Member
I never considerd one of these when I was buying my DD. They dont look to bad but I ended up going with a 2011 Focus. May not look as sharp in some areas as the KIA but atleast its a FORD :rockon:

I really wish I could have afforded the Taurus but between all my needs this car seemed to fit the bill the best. Oh well :shrug:

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
19's, lowered, tint, stereo, blah blah blah.

I need some better pictures, but here's what I have.

2012-06-19_17-26-02_80.jpg

Never thought I would have bought a KIA but I gotta say, 50k miles and no problems, good MPG (I drive about 750mi/week) and decent power for a 4-banger (lol). And I must say, it looks dang good for a Kia. I've had several people tell me it looks like a Mercedes or something :lol1:

Looks good. Those are 19's though?? Those suckers look pretty darn small on there!

This is the color of hers!

Trust me when I say, "once you get past the "kia" stigma, one will be quite happy with their purchase."

ewnbf.jpg

Love this color. What wheels are those too? Looks real good

Yes.

CBrowning84

Established Member
Looks good. Those are 19's though?? Those suckers look pretty darn small on there!

Yep, 19's! That blue car has 20's. A tad much for my taste, and 18's were just too small lol :thumbsup:

I think the shadows make the wheels look smaller, I'll have to get some better pics sometime.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Nice car. I just joined the Optima club too. This is my 2nd newer Kia. Man I love these cars. The torque management sucks huge balls on the turbo, so hopefully someone comes out with a decent tune pretty soon.

P1000462.jpg

0801122341.jpg

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
What are you seeing for mileage? I took an N/A Optima on a 200 mile trip and averaged 30mpg while going 80-95mph most of the way in the middle of nowhere. Haha. It was doing 36mpg before I kicked up the speeds.

I took my turbo Optima out of town last night. Averaged 36.1mpg at 67ish mph, but once I hit 75mph roads and then cruised around town for a while it was back down to 34mpg. The car has 400 miles on it.

REPCobra10

Established Member
That is a sharp looking car, brother! I see those cars around here from time to time, but I've never seen one lowered with aftermarket wheels. I like the way they look from the factory, but it looks so much better lowered with aftermarket wheels.:beer: Good job!

Last edited:

Ducci

Established Member
These cars look better than I thought. I never really paid any attention to them till now.

Users who are viewing this thread