My Dilemma

thatdude305

Established Member
I currently have a 2001 Lightning with about 70k on her. I am in the middle of a contemplation right now and would like opinions. At the end of the day I'm going to do what I choose. I just like others feedback. Should I do some work to my Lightning or should I get a terminator and have both? Lightning drives great, no issues there just would like to do some upgrades and then maybe in a year look into a cobra again. Thx for the feedback

drive_sideways

Personally I like having 2 vehicles just in case one breaks down u have another to turn to.
Could always use the lightning as a daily then get a termi and mod it heavily and use it as a track/weekend car :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITSTOCK

Established Member
They are both holding their value extremely well. I'd try to keep the Lightning stock and add a Cobra. You're talking about adding 100hp to have the Lightning keep up with the Cobra, and then you still have an auto. The Cobra is more fun and will give you that thrill.

thatdude305

Established Member
I have a 2002 Mustang GT but its on its last leg. I would get the terminator and drive the Lightning the majority of the time probably like a 60/40 split

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Keep the L get a Terminator in the same color down the road.

thatdude305

Established Member
I'm not getting rid of the L. I am deciding between getting the terminator now or doing a few things to my Lightning and getting the terminator later like early next year.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I'm not getting rid of the L. I am deciding between getting the terminator now or doing a few things to my Lightning and getting the terminator later like early next year.

What things do you wanna do to the L?

thatdude305

Established Member
Send the charger to steigmeier, lower it a little bit more, will need 4 tires in a few more thousand miles and probably brakes. Probably looking around 3-4k.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Send the charger to steigmeier, lower it a little bit more, will need 4 tires in a few more thousand miles and probably brakes. Probably looking around 3-4k.

Hmm do you DD this L? Tires and brakes being safety items if so I'd do them first.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I say fix the safety issues on the L like tires and brakes and then get a terminator the same color as the L.

thatdude305

Established Member
I don't DD it right now. I also have a mustang. The tires and brakes are OK as of right now, but in a year not sure. I just think I should wait maybe a few more months. Even tho I have the itch now

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Depends on your budget...clean, lower mile, low owner terminators seem to be going up $$$ every year and selection gets leaner...if that's what you have in mind, I'd strike sooner than later if you see one you like.

If you're looking for a higher mile, more owners, lower quality car might not be a huge issue this year or down the road, usually a decent supply of those.

zredfire04

Established Member
i'm clearly weird because i don't understand why the "same color" thing keeps coming up.

other than that, my vote is get a terminator. awesome car. awesome cars are different than awesome trucks. i'm in the early stages of building an awesome truck even though i already have an awesome car.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
hold off on putting money into the L. you can always do that in the future. if you buy a terminator, then at least you will still have the L and can put money into it later. having both is the way to go imo. good luck!

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
Get the Terminator! The L's connecting rods are about at the limit with a 6lb lower and a cold day. FoMoCo didn't build the engines like the Terminators.

denise082190

Established Member
Get the cobra, or start looking took me 8 months to find the one I have now and a flight to Mississippi. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread