My dog got hit by a car today.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
$536 don't seem that bad to keep a family member. I use to find humor in people who treated their pets like kids but after having my dog I understand. He is like my kid. I will be crushed when his time comes.

Yup. I have a small fortune invested in my ex's ****ing cats......

and they still peed outside the litter box...

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I dont think the OP is saying it was the drivers fault, just that they didn't care enough to stop and check on the dog.

I'm glad your pup is OK. I clicked on this thread cringing b/c I figured I would have to write RIP.

Exactly. I'm not blaming the driver. I never thought that she would run into the street since she's never done that before. If fault were to be blamed, it would probably fall on me, because I let go of her collar.

Thinking back, I'm glad I didn't chase after her. (I thought she would just sniff doorsteps and run back as usual). I think that if I chased after her and she was in the middle of the street, she would've been distracted and not have stopped before sliding into the wheel. She probably would've went under the wheel. That would've been hard as hell to deal with.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Wow... that is definetly scary. Glad it turned out in a positive way... I have always had a dog and I could not imagine that scenario. Good luck!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Glad she's ok. I don't know how I'd be if my dogs got hurt. My one weakness. Glad it was only 500 bucks. I've paid more than that in one visit to the ER with the Dobie. :)

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
I would've been bawling like a little girl if it turned out worse. And it was VERY close to being a lot worse. Scared me sh!tless. And she's a damn smart dog too. She knows how to open doors, open the fridge, turn door-knobs, ect... She just got too excited and wasn't paying attention. She seems to be doing fine, but she won't pee. She hasn't since she went to the vet at 3:00. Now it's 2:00. It hurts her too much to stand on her front legs in order to squat. I don't care if she pisses up a storm in our house. I just want her to get back to normal. She means everything to me, and it's hard to see the horror of almost losing that. I'm so glad she'll be alright after about a week.

Users who are viewing this thread