My experience against an 03 z06

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Finally got to run my friends stock 03 z06 tonight. Car has driver mod and he runs 12.1s in it on regular tires. We ran a few times with back and forth results. First dig I beat him by a car. Second dig he hooked a little better and we were locked down. I didn't heat my tires up like I wanted and was spinning more than I wanted each launch. First roll from 30 he pulled a nose, I pulled it back, then granny shifted 4th and he gained it back. Second roll from 45 we were dead even nosing each other out then I hit fifth and just started strolling and took it to the moon. By 160 I was already 2-3 cars out and kept pulling. All and all we ruled the cars to be very even. I'm satisfied with the results because I knew how fast that car was and that he can drive very well. With gears I know my car will do easy 11s.

dynasty_365

Established Member
Nice kill. Anytime anybody beats any kind of vette People screa bs. If u have a 5.0 and pull up next to a vette either they dnt look over at all to acknowledge u or they have that look saying they dnt want any. It's a new day and age and a mustang can keep up some people just have to deal with it ya know

jas11151990

Established Member
Nice kill. Anytime anybody beats any kind of vette People screa bs. If u have a 5.0 and pull up next to a vette either they dnt look over at all to acknowledge u or they have that look saying they dnt want any. It's a new day and age and a mustang can keep up some people just have to deal with it ya know

I agree 10000%. Vettes, GTO's, and Camaros dont realize honestly that the days of the 4.6 are over.

dynasty_365

Established Member
When it comes to vettes it's understandable cuz they r some straight beast honestly. But gto's and camaro guys really need to realize it's the time of the 5.0. I mean look at the thread I had a couple months back when I was supposed to race this camaro with headers and what not. Even with exhaust and headers nobody was saying I would get rapes. The only thing people said was make sure u launch good as it'll b a drivers race. That really let's u know it's the time of mustang. Gone r the years where the ss had more hp. I look for camaros' to race now but really I only get excited when I see a vette. I b prayin that they wanna run lol

jas11151990

Established Member
every SS that has been interested in running always back up once they pull up and see its not the GT badge :rockon:

- This reminds me of a guy at work that thought a genesis coupe could beat me lololol

Last edited:

Kimcobra

Established Member
Nice results, You guys are right stock these 5.0 preform good with some bolt ons they will surprize alot of people. Nice races and thanks for sharing.

PhantomX

Established Member
I ran one of these at the track as well. About the same mods as you and he was stock. About the same out come, edged him out by a car at the end. They are very quick cars stock. Put the same mods on the Z though and he'll beat you. For the weight disadvantage we have these cars run great.

Users who are viewing this thread