my first car is a sweet one

johnnydufus

juicin' and a goosin'
Established Member
well dudes i am new here, my name is johnny and i drive a 96 cobra. i just turned 16 and have just recently gotten my license yesterday. my dad just threw me the keys to a car that i thought i would never be able to drive, he said it was mine. it is the greatest gift anyone could give a 16 yr old. well any advice would be great. this looks like a sweet site to help out all svt drivers or dreamers.

thnx johnnydufus

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
sounds good! my advise would be to take it easy and don't let it get away from you. driving on a diversion with an sr-22 filing is expensive and sucks. so keep out of trouble and have fun!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Wow, thats pretty awesome. My parents did that too, they bought me a brand new 02 SVT focus when I was 17 and that was plenty of car for me at the time. Right now at 19 I have a cobra and it is almost too much for me. So my advice is to take it easy and learn how the car reacts to certain situations. You should find a open parking lot (without any cars in it of course) maybe when it's raining and learn how to control the car when its wet out. Cause if you dont know how to countersteer and control a slide youre bound to get into an accident. Maybe have youre dad show you just to be extra safe.

And dont street race, you'll regret it someday!

johnnydufus

juicin' and a goosin'
Established Member
yea well it is supposed to be wet and rainy all week here in texas. i have been takin it easy, just every once and a while on an open street i get on it, only if my radar says its ok to hotrod.

well thnx, yall sound like a good group of ppl

Last edited:

NJ 03 GT

Established Member
Sweet Man! My first car was a 97 GT.

BEEE SAAFEE!

Most people know that car is fast, ya dont always have to show them.

Ya know, sometimes, ya get more respect for not racing or showing off, thne racing and showing off

Contrats!

Users who are viewing this thread