My first drive...impressions, problems

Gumball

Established Member
Well, after 2 days of heavy rain and some warm temps, I could no longer resist temptation. I decided to see what my hard earned $39k got me.

Let me tell you, I was very impressed!! I now finally understand most of the comments on this board. Yes, it is currently stock. I'm undecided if it will stay that way...ok probably NOT!! Overall the car is great. Yes the interior is dated... who gives a shit. With the potential of this car, you better spend most of your time looking out the windsheild.

Luckily, I don't seem to have any of the problems that some have had. I think I can now put her to bed until spring w/o that urge to go out for a quick spin. I just can't wait to put the top down.:coolman:

Oh yeah, one more thing, the cop that pulled me over doing 79 mph in a 35 mph thought the car was nice too!!:lol:

ssssnake

Established Member
LOL Gumball! What color is it? I'm sorry you have to put it up til spring. Congratulations!

krman68

Established Member
Congrats Gumball !!!

You've got more discipline than I. I don't think I could pack a brand new 03 away after taking delivery. Good luck!

ntechnic

Established Member
Gumball. glad you got to drive it. I was talking to Dave at Lombard when your car was there. He said you had to flatbed it home because of the big snow storm. I can finally sleep well at night, Gumball has his car!:lol: :beer:

Don't feel too bad, I can't drive mine either. The shoulder surgery left me with this weird arm immobilizer strapped to me that won't let me close the door if I sit in the driver's seat.

my wife has taken me and the car for a half dozen break-in drives, but it's not the same. I have to wait until January 8th when my arm is freed.

So I'll lift a cold one to the East tonight to honor your black vert! And you and will stare at our cars and work on the old mental mod list!

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Originally posted by Gumball
It's a black convertible.

My kind of car :beer:

Black rules on these cars.

Move to Texas, it was 70 both days this weekend, perfect topless weather :thumbsup:

I would go crazy if I had to hide my car for the winter :(

-Brian

Gumball

Established Member
Thanks guys.

krman68, I not sure about the discipline, I did take it for a little spin yesterday. I still can't believe that cop didn't give me a ticket. He must have been laughing too hard at the window sticker still being on my car. He probably could've arrested me.

ntechnic, geez I'm sorry I didn't mean to lay on the guilt...well maybe a little. Your wife must sure enjoy pushing your guilt button, haha. I'll give you a return salute this evening if I can figure out which direction west is from my kitchen table.

Oh yeah, can't move to Texas. I would have to route for the Cowboys/Texans...god help me! GO PATS!!

Users who are viewing this thread