My First New Car!!!! Daily Driver!

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
so for all those looking for a daily whip to compliment your snake or L or GT500 or whatever you drive, i strongly urge you to check out the new honda civic si. i know i know i almost threw up in my mouth a little just at the thought that i bought an import, but you know what? i couldnt be happier. a few years ago, if you told me id be the owner of a civic si id think you were crazy, but here i am. it gets great mileage (even though it takes premium $$$$$) and its got a great little 6 speed manual thats just fun as hell to row through the gears. i opted for the navigation model, so i had to wait a little, but it was worth it. i will tell you this is much diffrent than driving my vette! no and i mean NO power down low, but when it gets into vtec at about 6 grand, it takes off! id estimate a high 14 low 15 quarter mile, which isnt as fast as a cobalt SS or a VW GTI but i think the interior is sooooo much nicer that it makes up for it (this is a daily driver after all, and i still have the "fast" car). also its pretty unique looking and i get lots of looks and good comments about it. ive even parked it and stood across an isle of a parking lot with my buddies (so people didnt know it was my car) and they make nothing but good comments about it when they walk by. but anyway, here it is in its stock glory... my 07 Civic SI coupe. (mick named "The Ocho" because its an 8th gen civic lol)

goodcivicpic1.jpg

i actually bought it with 3 miles, but this photoshop looked better...
siwallpaperfakemileage.jpg

goodcivicpic2.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

the original:
goodcivic3.jpg

the cool photoshop... my favorite shot so far
almostprocivicshot.jpg

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
ragshockey88 said:
a daily ONLY ONLY ONLY
good call on that one! like i said i still have the vette, so its all good:rolling:
im just glad i dont have to go through another chicago winter driving it!

Whistler98

Established Member
96redvette said:
good call on that one! like i said i still have the vette, so its all good:rolling:
im just glad i dont have to go through another chicago winter driving it!

Driving the vette through a chicago winter must've sucked:( I live in Pittsburgh and the weather gets pretty nasty here.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
I would have went for a used A4 for the same $$ or less. Better in the winter with the all wheel drive.

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
I like it :)

Almost bought one a couple months ago, but didnt want new car payment.

bam

Established Member
NEVER ever get in the Civic right after the vette. I just about killed both of us in my friend's SI the first time I drove it, waiting for the rear end to come out. Yay understeer.

I do like the car though-they're really kinda quick.

husker4life

speed demon
Established Member
I have a 06 civic w/ all the goodies. Navi, XM, etc.
Its the wifes car. Love the gas milage, ride. but hate the lack of power...
But then again, we didn't buy it for the power... MPG'S

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
almost a 100hp a liter...not bad at all for a 2 liter i think it is.

i never understood why they dont turbo them stock.

nice DD though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is definitely a great DD. I'm not a Honda fan but they've come a long way with the Civic. Yours looks pretty nice. I agree about the interior. Enjoy!

DrYeRLiNt

Horse From Hell
Established Member
People will give you shit for driving a Civic.

Mostly I get shit for mine because I don't also own a fast car. I'm 18 years old, and I need this car for the gas mileage and reliability to get me through college (that and we have very unpredictable winters). My EX didn't come with fogs or navi but it has everything else.

Here's a little advice for your new car-

Get a TWM short shift kit. It really does make a difference in the shifter.

Switch to Amsoil synchromesh transmission fluid. Those cars especially are notorious for a little third gear grinding with spirited driving, and this really helps the problem.

Join 8thcivic.com, they are a bit ricer-ish but they do know the issues and such of the car. A much better crowd than Honda-tech.com.

Don't let anyone discourage you about driving a Civic. The Civic/Civic SI do what they were designed to do better than any other car has so far. The Civic offers a little bit of "luxury" and "sport" with unmatched gas mileage for a 15-23k (depending on options) car, and the Civic SI offers exceptional handling as well as the bottom line for honda- gas mileage.

dsc00124ug1.jpg

White really has grown on me, and that Fiji blue or whatever is nice too! I'll always be partial to my Gray/Bronze color though, it's subtle

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread