My Grand National

G-STANG

Established Member
I think ASC McLaren modded the gn to gnx specs. Something like upgraded t3 turbo, bigger intercooler etc. Nice car

Antagon

Established Member
The Joker said:
well, here's the deal. the guy from i got it from had a GN and a ORGINAL GNX. he wrecked the GNX (i would of shot myself) and took EVERYTHING off the GNX and put it on his GN. seats, rearend, decals, the whole 9 yards. i still love it though. getting to be a rare car. and for 20 years old, no rust or wear and i love the car.

Dope, check out www.gnttype.org for ALL you need to know about these cars.

And the GNX was different from the GN in that:

It had a completely different rear suspension setup
Ceramic impeller wheel on the turbo for quicker spool
High perf. chip
Different wheels, fender vents, badging

Theres more, but those are the basics.
547 made, ASC/McLaren modified them in the same way Saleen does fords.

The Joker

Johnny Rev Customs
Established Member
also if i'm not mistaken, i believe the GNX only came in hard tops. no t-tops. antagon, thanks for the link man!!! i'm a member of turbobuicks.com. i've got some tranny questions i needed answered so i'll check it out. thanks for comments guys!!!

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
gorgeous GNs guys, one of my first cars was an 86 GN. Hated the black and I repainted it Porsche Guard's Red...talk about standing out. But then again I've had a knack for cars that dont blend in lol.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
The Joker said:
thanks man. i should be posting some vids this month of some local street action. i'm awaiting the news right now on my tranny. it may be going out. :( but i think its time to upgrade anyways. 23psi on a pretty much stock 200r4 don't last long. especially when you hit 30psi for those guys with NAAWWZZZZ..lol. :thumbsup: :burnout:

+1 on the trans. My 200R4 didn't exactly handle a mildly modded 350 too well either (clutches are totally smoked). Oh well, I guess I'll get it built this summer.

cuda

Nice GN's :coolman:

Here's a few of my 87 that I picked up in November after selling my 95 Turbo Cobra. Since the pics I've had 20% tint on, as well as a casper knock gauge, boost gauge, and scanmaster put in.

DSC01798a.jpg

DSC01792a.jpg

nordy racer

Established Member
nice looking GN you got there man :-D ...

here is mine..low 10's trying to get into the 9's with A/C
gnmotor1.gif

gnside.gif

runpic.gif

burnout1.gif

Antagon

Established Member
nordy racer said:
nice looking GN you got there man :-D ...

here is mine..low 10's trying to get into the 9's with A/C
gnmotor1.gif

gnside.gif

runpic.gif

burnout1.gif

Alright, number 1, is that at the California Speedway? And number 2, what's your combo? haha

Joker, no problem, i'm on TBs under the same name.

nordy racer

Established Member
Antagon said:
Alright, number 1, is that at the California Speedway? And number 2, what's your combo? haha

Joker, no problem, i'm on TBs under the same name.

WHATS UP fellow GNer.. yea, thats Fontana raceway during a street war event. the other strip shot is at Irwindale raceway..

109 stock block with GN1R alum heads and a roller cam.. gtq76 turbo and a front mount.. 400 trans with a stock rear end with 373 gears.. you know all the other buick bolt ons :lol: ..

hope you know we have a good following here in SoCal, and we met up a lot for events (car shows and lunches) and races..

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
nice GN , I am partial to the honeycomb wheels though I'd keep them... repaint the centers and wetsand and polish the lips... they'll look like chrome after that. You'd be suprised how good they'll turn out!

Antagon

Established Member
nordy racer said:
WHATS UP fellow GNer.. yea, thats Fontana raceway during a street war event. the other strip shot is at Irwindale raceway..

109 stock block with GN1R alum heads and a roller cam.. gtq76 turbo and a front mount.. 400 trans with a stock rear end with 373 gears.. you know all the other buick bolt ons :lol: ..

hope you know we have a good following here in SoCal, and we met up a lot for events (car shows and lunches) and races..

Damn, and here i'm hoping for a high 10 with a cpt61bb and the rest of the go-fast bolt-ons.

We do? I've seen only a couple other GN's the entire time i've lived here, i'd love to be a part of this.

paullywallnuts

Established Member
and there you have my dream car. me and some buddies were sitting around talking about cars we'd like to have if we had the money. they were listing off evo's, skylines, bmw's etc. i said i'd take a gnx over an evo/sti/type r any day. let's just say they didn't get it.

nordy racer

Established Member
Antagon said:
Damn, and here i'm hoping for a high 10 with a cpt61bb and the rest of the go-fast bolt-ons.

We do? I've seen only a couple other GN's the entire time i've lived here, i'd love to be a part of this.

CHECK YOUR PM...

we will take you under our wing :pepper: :banana: ...LOL

The Joker

Johnny Rev Customs
Established Member
nordy racer, i've seen 10.8's on 27psi. i'm looking to upgrade somethings and i hope to go twin turbo one day. its kickass to let off the t-tops and ride in the summer. i'm still a ford man though.:coolman:

nordy racer

Established Member
The Joker said:
nordy racer, i've seen 10.8's on 27psi. i'm looking to upgrade somethings and i hope to go twin turbo one day. its kickass to let off the t-tops and ride in the summer. i'm still a ford man though.:coolman:

you know it man.. i love driving my car with the t-tops off and knowing in the back of my head that it do low 10's :coolman: .. my has been 10.30's at 133 on 27psi.. dropping some weight (150lbs) and adding a 3.5downpipe, tighter convertor and more BOOST 35psi :eek: .. that should push me to 9.90's at 138 or so..

rock on GN brother :rockon:

ChipR4cam

Established Member
Matts00GT said:
I saw one a few weeks back driving. License plate said BUICK. I wanted to chat with him, but he turned off. Looked pristine though. Was an older guy driving and a guy in his early 20s. Maybe father and son.
Yeah, I've seen them before. They also have a green Skylark GSX. Buick people.

Users who are viewing this thread