My Kills on my Blown 3rd Gen Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustin

Supercharged
Established Member
You will have no problem selling the Allen Kit to a T-bird guy on TCCOA. That that little M-90 sounds sick! The "Bullit" video is one of the reasons I went with a Cobra that had the Eaton already on it.

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
i respect the ingenuity and the creativity that you have put into this project. I am a big fan of weird stuff although i own all pre-fabbed preformance vehicles. I would still like to someday have a project that no one else has done before or at least not too common...

There is a turbo explorer here that frequents the track and he always wants to race me. Unfortunately he always asks at the inopportune times. I think I saw his best run was a 14.6, so he is pretty quick at this altitude. (benchmark: modified mustang gts/f-bodys run low to mid 14s) . So yeah, coming from a lightning owner, it would very well surprise me if some huge SUV tore me a new one, and embarassing as well. :lol: But thats the beauty of it, you get challenged to do better things, make your vehicles faster. When i get a chance to race that turbo-x, and he beats me, you can bet on it I will be charging up my credit card for new mods!!! If everything else was slower than us, we would have no reason for modified/fast cars, trucks or suvs

ToasterOven

???
Established Member
very nice truck you got there. always have loved the X, and yours is a pretty cool project. did you post any vids/sound clips in earlier posts? id like to hear/see it if you havent!

awdrocks

Banned
Thanks guys for all the cool comments. Yes this is indeed a very rewarding project.

I dont have any sound clips yet or vids. Im still patiently waiting for my tuner to get to me... once I have that all done ill get some vids of me at the track for sure.

:thumbsup:

awdrocks

Banned
Todays Kill: X5 4.8ix

For those of you who read my beginning post see that I was preparing to race my friends 4.8L X5.

Well that day finally became a reality today.

Rolling start... from 35mph cruising. He nailed it about 1/2 sec before I did as I heard his motor downshift and mine downshifted to second right after his... side by side start, for about the first 2 seconds I was pulling him at a creeping rate, then all of a sudden as my rpms became higher and shifted into 3rd that distance became all of a sudden big gap, by the time I was about half way through 3rd I had about two full car lengths on him, that gap was just getting bigger... then we stopped.

I must say his X5 has some balls as it put up a good fight in the beginning.

awdrocks

Banned
this sucks.. I thought the 4.8is X5 was fast. I remember reading they did 5.9 to 60mph and 13.9 to 1/4 mile.

Now all I see is a claim of 7 or so zero to 60 and 15.1 to quarters... lame...

oh well...

rocket5979

Established Member
Hey Alex, I got the VT billet shortblock in today... Maybe one of these weeks I can actually install it and the other mods such as new fuel system, tranny, 8 rib swap and on. :D

awdrocks

Banned
SICK!!!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Cant wait to see how she does.

So whats your plan of attack now? Have you decided on the heads?

So you have your tranny already? You know ive been beating on my tranny and its still fine. I thought it was going but I was wrong. Im still thinking of slapping on a level 10.

Zee

Established Member
rocket5979 said:
Its cool bro. I am concentrating on my 12 second LS project right now. Soon enough I will have two fast sleeper cars in my garage!!! :poke: nanner nanner nanner... ;-)
Hey there,
I've been trying to PM you about your LS with no luck, I'm not allowed to or something. But I'm very interested in what you did to it. Please get back to me on that..

Along with that, this thread has definately opened my eyes to what can be done! I'm thrilled with the whole fast SUV thing, as it's much more pratical for someone like me who needs to haul a bike and a couple of people. Unfortunately, these run a bit steep and I already have an SUV, but an Explorer will definately be in mind when I'm looking for a new one!

rocket5979

Established Member
awdrocks said:
SICK!!!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Cant wait to see how she does.

So whats your plan of attack now? Have you decided on the heads?

So you have your tranny already? You know ive been beating on my tranny and its still fine. I thought it was going but I was wrong. Im still thinking of slapping on a level 10.

My plan of attack now is to swap the shortblock out and also tackle the fuel system upgrade at the same time. I will also have to tackle the tranny build and 8 rib swap at the same time also. More or less I will have the X torn apart for over a month getting this stuff either ordered or in. Normally it will not take that long but my summer has gotten really busy lately. I will go with VT heads with VT blower cams probably early next year or maybe over the winter. For now I will stick to my stocker heads.

Once I get a 4R70W to mock up from a local hookup around here I plan to see if I cannot fit the 4R down under there. If I can then I might still swap to one of those that one of my buddies is bound to pull out of their auto Mustang.

rocket5979

Established Member
Zee said:
Hey there,
I've been trying to PM you about your LS with no luck, I'm not allowed to or something. But I'm very interested in what you did to it. Please get back to me on that..

Along with that, this thread has definately opened my eyes to what can be done! I'm thrilled with the whole fast SUV thing, as it's much more pratical for someone like me who needs to haul a bike and a couple of people. Unfortunately, these run a bit steep and I already have an SUV, but an Explorer will definately be in mind when I'm looking for a new one!

I tried to PM ya but it says your not allowed or that your PM's are disabled. Try checking your account settings.

Last edited:

Zee

Established Member
rocket5979 said:
I tried to PM ya but it says your not allowed or that your PM's are disabled. Try checking your account settings.
I've checked them and can't seem to see anything concerning the allowing of PMing. This isn't my first forum either, so I'm a little agrivated.

Got AIM, or just post the LS stuffs here!

rocket5979

Established Member
Zee said:
I've checked them and can't seem to see anything concerning the allowing of PMing. This isn't my first forum either, so I'm a little agrivated.

Got AIM, or just post the LS stuffs here!

Sorry bro, not going to ruin Alex's thread with totally off topic stuff in here. Try it again later or PM one of the mods to see what the problem is. Good luck.

awdrocks

Banned
rocket5979 said:
My plan of attack now is to swap the shortblock out and also tackle the fuel system upgrade at the same time. I will also have to tackle the tranny build and 8 rib swap at the same time also. More or less I will have the X torn apart for over a month getting this stuff either ordered or in. Normally it will not take that long but my summer has gotten really busy lately. I will go with VT heads with VT blower cams probably early next year or maybe over the winter. For now I will stick to my stocker heads.

Once I get a 4R70W to mock up from a local hookup around here I plan to see if I cannot fit the 4R down under there. If I can then I might still swap to one of those that one of my buddies is bound to pull out of their auto Mustang.

Well good luck with your next stage of upgrades. Almost there bud!!! I dont know what to do yet with the tranny. Im really leaning towards the 4r70w, I have a feeling it wont be that hard of a swap. Let me know how it mocks up.

Well I almost FINALLY got a shot at a good race. Theres a Dodge Ram SRT-10 roaming around. We were both nudging at eachother but to much traffic to mess around. Ill run into him again, its a small town.

Im pretty positive ill take him. I saw one at our local track one night and I really was not to impressed. Ill tell you one thing. That truck IS HUGE. I felt like I was in a sports car next to him. That thing might have a ton of power, but its got a BIG OL ASS to hall around. That trucks gotta weigh like 6,000pnds.

Last edited:

rocket5979

Established Member
awdrocks said:
Im pretty positive ill take him. I saw one at our local track one night and I really was not to impressed. Ill tell you one thing. That truck IS HUGE. I felt like I was in a sports car next to him. That thing might have a ton of power, but its got a BIG OL ASS to hall around. That trucks gotta weigh like 6,000pnds.

You DO realize that your X might have just about as much hp as that SRT-10 RAM does; though of course the SRT does have a M6 tranny instead of A5 for you which helps it. I would venture that your X is a little lighter than the RAM though. Overall it should be a fun race. I keep hearing that those SRT-10 Rams cannot launch for crap though. Keep us posted as to what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread