My Mishimoto Radiator Install

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Honestly I'm about to sell the car :nonono: to move on to something else.

I've had those thoughts and then one night I had a dream my g/f sold my car and I went into panic mode trying to find it. I found the car and was offering the new owner $10k more than he paid for it to get it back and he wouldn't sell it lol. I woke up abruptly with a cold sweat my heart racing and it took a few seconds to realize I was dreaming and I still had my car :)

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
You son of a bitch :eek:

I know. Let me have it. I deserve it.

I've had those thoughts and then one night I had a dream my g/f sold my car and I went into panic mode trying to find it. I found the car and was offering the new owner $10k more than he paid for it to get it back and he wouldn't sell it lol. I woke up abruptly with a cold sweat my heart racing and it took a few seconds to realize I was dreaming and I still had my car :)

Lol Malcolm!!!

Guys I had a single turbo Supra before that stupid ass movie...we all know the one. I had that car 6 years and have missed it since the day I sold it. Just something about that car. I have a deal on one from a very close friend that I cannot refuse. He is selling because of having yet another child on the way and etc.

You guys have been great and I will still come here. I actually plan to get another stang one day and add it to the collection. Up until now I used to not like mustangs but you guys and my Terminator have sold me on them. I just can't turn this down and for now I need the money from my car to help pay for the new ride.

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I hear ya man. Turbo cars are fun too. I love my turbo'd civic, totally different kind of fun. Not that I'm comparing a bad ass supra to a civic lol.
Although when cruising the civic I miss that raw sex appeal of the muscle v8 rumbling and scaring people lol.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Iam so pissed! Moto Rad was to far to the pass. Side. It was hitting the side tank on the AC fittings on the condensor.I moves the cond over to the right 1/2 inch reinstalled the Rad. It still touches it. Am so pissed at JAP CRAP! Does anyone fell my pain? Spent numerous hours on just that part.to the point of installing my stock one back in ***!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Iam so pissed! Moto Rad was to far to the pass. Side. It was hitting the side tank on the AC fittings on the condensor.I moves the cond over to the right 1/2 inch reinstalled the Rad. It still touches it. Am so pissed at JAP CRAP! Does anyone fell my pain? Spent numerous hours on just that part.to the point of installing my stock one back in ***!

Esh that sucks. Is this their newest design or something? Mine was a major PITA to install too. I only did it because my OEM sprung a leak and was over $600 for a replacement. After putting in the Mishimoto I see zero difference in cooling over stock. I do not recommend this "upgrade" to anyone. I've heard guys who track their cars benefit but in the little tracking I've done in my car (pre whipple) in 100 degree heat I had no cooling issues. Brakes was another story, they faded and over heated.

Its just insane what our oem radiator costs now. I remember my oem replacement from BuyFordracing.com was $275 shipped about 3 years ago.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
Hey Malcolm.looking at the rows inside the neck they are very thin.
I had no problems with my stock one. I just wanted better cooling. But this radiator looks as cheap as they come.
Motomishi. Has JAP writing. All over it. Yes boxed in Delaware LOL.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
You're kidding right? Mishimoto makes some really quality radiators. Nothing like eBay garbage.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
The inner cores are small. I got a ron Davis Rad.for my fox body. It had 2HUGE ROWS.I got a buyer lined up for that moto Rad along with my dualpass HE.
Going to get cobra running. Drive it for couple of months then sell it.
I found that Fox body owners are a lot clamer. No Drama. I got 2 of those.
Cobra has to go so I wont be one of the 70% here that are aholes .
Yes my build not not be up to par with most of you all here.just a mild motor.
Someone is always going to Beat you.
Once I get my 8.99 I'll be happy in my tubbed notchback.peroid!

The inner cores are small. I got a ron Davis Rad.for my fox body. It had 2HUGE ROWS.I got a buyer lined up for that moto Rad along with my dualpass HE.
Going to get cobra running. Drive it for couple of months then sell it.
I found that Fox body owners are a lot clamer. No Drama. I got 2 of those.
Cobra has to go so I wont be one of the 70% here that are aholes .
Yes my build not not be up to par with most of you all here.just a mild motor.
Someone is always going to Beat you.
Once I get my 8.99 I'll be happy in my tubbed notchback.peroid!

Wow you're going through all this trouble...spending loads of money on all kinds of upgraded parts...just to drive it for a few months and sell it? If that was the plan from the beginning why not return it to stock and just get rid of it? :shrug:

cobra=trouble

Established Member
This Rad. I will have to cut my stock lower Rad. Brackets off move them over to the drivers side appx.3/4 inch plus I will have to modify the upper brackets also.the ABS unit I mounted back that clears. Hopefully this will work.
Seems S/C modified cobras are very stressfull.I lost all I had left in me in this build.

I just want a 2013 ZL1 with an "Automatic" And say Warranty!
2013 Shelby's don't come with Automatic yet.?

Users who are viewing this thread