My mustang build...Coyote content!!

Red99SVT

Established Member
Figured I would post up a thread with a few pics and some stuff about the car. I purchased this car several months back. I drove to Pennsylvania to get the car and it wasn't as described in the ad. We ended up negotiating the price and I left with the car knowing it was gonna need some bodywork and a paint job. Still thought it was a good deal. The car was a built 2000 GT with a Built motor, ported heads, Hellion Turbo kit, and Tremec TKO900 from MMR.

8d3d04e8.jpg

9bc0111f.jpg

So I never even took the car home. I took it straight to Jason Duggar and BJ at Performance Automotive in Acworth, GA for all the paint and bodywork. They had done some work for me before and I was very happy then, so it was a no-brainer who to take it to. While they had it I figured I would make some changes as I wanted the car to be really clean and simple. I was lucky enough to find some OEM Bullitt sideskirts. I added them, some 03 Cobra mirrors, swapped the Cobra front bumper to a GT one, added a GT hood scoop, Cobra side scoops, removed the rear wing and all emblems, filled in the rear bumper, etc.. They did a great job. I then figured I wanted the engine bay painted, which required removing the engine for best results. Long story short the whole drivetrain was parted out and the car turned into a nice roller. All the quality parts sold pretty easy. I never have been a huge 2V fan anyway. Here is some quick pics of the car in its current state and some pics from the paint progress..

d8e0812f.jpg

e5f2dd54.jpg

b6680cf3.jpg

1d729ccc.jpg

e3f1703d.jpg

592af147.jpg

d3d5f1d0.jpg

cf29c33e.jpg

cceaefe1.jpg

a284d3ff.jpg

387a3e95.jpg

The car turned out great IMO. Very clean lines and simple which is what I like. The wheels are being sold and changed out for something I like a little better, just haven't decided yet. I then needed a drivetrain. I wanted something different and not very common. I think I got it and this will be powering the car.

ed1b87a8.jpg

c2d133ca.jpg

I have liked the power the new 5.0's make, so why not. Its a Boss 302 crate engine. Similiar to the regular GT engine, but ported heads, better manifold, better valvetrain, forged rods and pistons. Should be fun in a little lighter car. These things will make power all the way to 8300 rpm's is what I have been told. I already bought the engine and FRPP control pack for the computer and harness. Gotta get headers and decide on a transmission. Might get Kurgan's involved as they have done more swaps than any shop I believe. Still trying to decide on keepeing A/C and P/S, etc.. What you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
Looks great man clean simple and mean....

Cant wait to see the 5.0 in it!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Looks awesome! I like the treatment on the 3rd brake light a lot. Should be a unique car when finished. Keep us posted.

94venomV8

Established Member
Looks very nice, the only complaint (which is only my opinion) that I have is I dont like the mudflap look on the side skirts. That motor in that car is gonna look awesome and perform awesome as well.

Red99SVT

Established Member
Looks very nice, the only complaint (which is only my opinion) that I have is I dont like the mudflap look on the side skirts. That motor in that car is gonna look awesome and perform awesome as well.

Yeah I hear ya. It's hit or miss for people. I have always liked the styling of the Bullitt. I just wanted something different.

tistan

Established Member
I would get rid of the A/C. If my cobra was white instead of black, I would have ditched the A/c a long time ago. I don't know if I would ditch power steering though, but if you went to manual steering it would make for an easier swap.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is a really great project you have going there. The car is super clean looking and the motor was a great choice. A very unique car for sure. Post up a video when it's complete.

txbull

Established Member
definitely keep the comforts in place, Then i would stick on tha baddest Whipple i could!!

also the car looks awesome man!!

Users who are viewing this thread