My New 04 Twin Turbo Cobra

Bakerfish17

Established Member
Hey guys, so earlier this year I sold my 04 TVS Torch Red Cobra for a boosted c5z. Well long story short, I'm back into another termi lmao! The new car has a built 5.0 stroker block, twin percision 6262s, t56 magnum, etc. It feels like a completely different car then my last cobra. Of course I got it just in time to be put away for winter lol, but so far I can't get enough of it. Now for the guys on here who are familiar with turbo cars, what are your recommendations for exhaust setups? The car currently has a catted x and magnaflows on it, but over the winter I was tossing around the idea of cutouts or possibly even an open downpipe setup. This is my first turbo car so I'm still learning the ins and outs, but any opinions would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

IMG_4981_zps9c101mtd.jpg
IMG_5072_zps4dnycdy7.jpg
IMG_5069_zpsfadiqfl4.jpg
IMG_5059_zpsytxoivqx.jpg
IMG_5041_zpsjioo2w4d.jpg

(My old termi)
IMG_0259_zpsmqzcjrjs.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
Looks good. I'd stay away from open downpipe, dont be 'that guy'

We put magnaflow systems on our turbo cars we do at the shop. Best sound quality imo, of course sound is subjective.

Bakerfish17

Established Member
Looks good. I'd stay away from open downpipe, dont be 'that guy'

We put magnaflow systems on our turbo cars we do at the shop. Best sound quality imo, of course sound is subjective.

Thanks for the input, yeah my last cobra had an offroad x and borla ataks so this setup is a tad too quiet for my taste. I honestly may just run an offroad x pipe and maybe a set of stingers or keep the magnaflows but we'll see

AznPrswayzn

Established Member
Sweet lookin ride you have there. As far as exhaust, I'd start by getting a catless x-pipe and see how you like the sound before spending more money on mufflers or a catback. The turbos themselves will also quiet down the exhaust a bit. Also turbo cars like as little restriction after the turbo as possible.

Last edited:

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
I've been running open down pipes for years its really not that loud until you get into boost. My old setup was Offroad x and stingers l like the open down pipes way better.

Users who are viewing this thread