My new 1970 Mach 1

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I recently sold my Cobra R to get back into a vintage Mustang. I've always loved the late 60's Trans Am series road race cars. I decided to pick up a '70 Mach 1, and do my version of a restomod Trans Am car.

The car's motor is fresh 351C, with an aluminum Shelby 4 barrel intake, double pumper Holley, Shaker, and Boss 302 valve covers. It's also got a Top Loader 4 speed trans, and a 9" rear with 3.25 gears. During it's complete restoration back in 2001 they also installed Shelby Under Rider bars.

The car will eventually be getting a 5 speed conversion, and 4 wheel Disc brakes. I already removed the Mach 1 center console, installed a Hurst shift boot and plate, along with swapping on some Vintage 48 Mini lights... with 285/40/17 rear, and 255/40/17 fronts. I have a ton more planned for it, but here is how she sits so far. I'll be lowering the car in the next few days, and taking better pics too.

The truck, from Demoise Trucking, arrived around 10:15 this morning....

23rmsmb.jpg

1s1fg5.jpg

fat6u.jpg

10iijut.jpg

flg0u8.jpg

nqv2ub.jpg

oiycd3.jpg

At home with the '03....
2j4ysut.jpg

Last edited:

boatcop1

Established Member
Frigging beautiful man, congrats. Love those wheels too! Nice stable as well:beer: cheers to you good Sir!

1969mach

Established Member
Congrats! Looks great, love the 48 mini's. Gonna be a great project. Always wanted to do a TA restmod.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
VERY nice...congrats on a fine acquisition!

Love the white...:rockon:

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Nice!! Love the white! Should be an interesting build to watch :pop:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Thanks, guys!! :beer:

I had started looking for a black car originally. But, with already owning black '03 Cobra... and a black Expedition... I thought "I must be a glutton for punishment!" The decision to get a white car instead sounded MUCH better! HA HA!

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
Beautiful Mach.Not a fan of restomods,specially on good halfway original cars.25yrs ago I would say go for it.I like the concept but can't get over being a purest in this day.jmo.:beer:

wudy

Established Member
Shes a beaut. Perfect addition to the garage. Someday im hoping to grab a 65-66 fastback.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Thanks! :burnout:

Just took one more shot, in better light. Man, I can't wait to get the ride height down to where it should be!

2mo1shc.jpg

By the way, when I say I'm going to restomod the car... it will be like a 60's Trans Am race car. It's going to have a clean vintage race look, but easily be able to transform back to a stock appearing Mach 1, if I ever sell it. If this thing was a 428 CJ car, I wouldn't mod it much. But, they made 40,970 Mach 1s in 1970. And, this one is not super rare in it's options.

BTW This car was rotisserie restored in 2001, but not to it's original specs. This car originally was a 351W, 2 barrel, 4 speed, and the paint was Lime Metallic. Not exactly rare. So, the owner decided to upgrade the car to the 4 barrel Cleveland, along with the other options it currently has now, when the car was rebuilt. So, it really is the perfect candidate for my build plans.

:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread