My new 1993 Cobra...beware 56k

Stinger99

Established Member
Kbillan
The car is what it is.....It has 1 rust spot that is contained

1st off I HAVE A LX ALREADY...READ MY SIG....lol

2. I have been thinking about it. I have a buddy that knows where there is a TURBO brand new in a box ready to go for $1,800 bucks. I would not say thats a good idea but a O.K. one.

3rd... I know you want this car lol, but i aint selling. I got offered 5,000 from a kid the other day the way it sits. to me this car is worth $1,000,000 to me.

Also, if for some stupid reason i have to sell this car, you will have 1st option.

kbillan

Established Member
5k?? you should have taken it. I was going to offer 3-4-- 4 being, OMG- the rest of the undercarriage is close to perfect-- runs well etc... the rust- being cased by a bad scratch- that was not taken care of in 1993.. LOL.

Stinger99

Established Member
I haven't been reading all the posts, but I'm assuming somwhere in there he thinks your wasting your time fixing the car up?

How can i be wasting my time fixing a car, I dont under stand that.

Bottom line is, you got a smoking deal, and I don't believe anyone is going to argue that point.

Me, I like working on these cars. Your car is a perfect project car to tinker on and do with what you will. I bought my car with 100k on the odometer becuase I knew that there was no way the factory HP would suffice and Id mod the hell out of it.

These cars are another 30 years away from being big money cars. Even then, there are a fair share of them that have been stored since new with under 2k on the odometer, so what does that make "drivers" like mine and the 95% of them out there worth?

So in the meantime, I'll be enjoying mine on weekend cruises and enjoying it.:thumbsup:

Thats my whole point
If you wanna make a investment, go put 10,000 in a CD for 20 years, not a car in a garage. and then get on message boards and tell everyone it is a stupid idea to mod or fix. and if they do mod, it will only make there car go higher in price.

What they dont realize is every little mile they put on those cars, the guys who own the under 10,000 mile cars got a evil grin, laughin there asses off at them.

Gecko86

Established Member
Gecko86

You are a dumbass.
Why am i not the smartest guy out there, cause i wanna spend money on my toy that I bought for $1,500 and not spend 12-15,000 and buy a cobra that has 30-40 thousand abused miles. Ohh why is my car a shitbox, cause i bought it AND NOT YOU.

Restore, your right. I'll go pay $300 for a macco job, then wait for the first jackass to come along and get 8 grand for it. Then i'll go and buy another lx build that up, abuse the crap out of it, throw another 6 grand price tag on that and rip somebody else off.

Big deal, you have a cobra that has low miles on it....whoopi freakin doo.
you will own it for a while and sell it, then cry cause you sold it. Or keep it for another 40-50 years and never enjoy the car.

I'll say you bought that car new..$20,000 cash. had it for 16 years $800 a year for Ins.
Will call that $13,000 to be safe. Then reg. every 2 years property taxes lets low ball that at $4,000. for the past 16 years. Now lets say you keep that car for another 20 years. lets call all the above less price of car $10,000. I see the total for $47,000.

20 years later now. you sell the car for lets say, $50,000 WOW, YOU just made 3,000 bucks for a car that you bearly drove....great investment.

who is the guy that aint to smart here.

I will Restore this car, MOD the hell out of it, Drive it in to the ground, keep it for 20 years, take out all the mods i put in and sell it for $1,500 bucks And I enjoyed the hell outta my car....hmmmmm But first, I'll take out the 1/4 windows and EXHAUST, carlite windshield..... in 20 years i can probly get $3-4,000 from a guy like you who needs to keep his car ORIGINAL.

Yea, And im not the smartest guy out there. YOUR FUNNY...

Watch who's car you are calling a shit box, cause it sounds like your a shit box.

Sorry mods, I just dont like people calling my property junk.

I think the above comments tell the whole story.Maybe is was a poor choice of words from me calling the car a shitbox but it was a "figure of speech".When was the last time anyone bought a car for $1500 that most people would not call it that?What's the point of adding and subtracting the ownership cost over a period of 16years is beyond me you can add but whatever.:shrug:
The point still is that, You should go and do whatever you want with the car is only going to help people like KBillian and me with the value of our cars.That is MY OPINION LAST TIME ,I CHECKED! It seem to have hit a nerve that you were called a Dumbass ha that must happen often in your circles.So you ask in your rant why spend $300 bucks at Macco and sell it for 8k.LOL:bash: For the $6200 profit:poke: By the way save all those Original parts and sell them to me in 20years.When you take into account inflation , and scarcity of certain parts the price will not be that much different than today. But you knew that right.Lastly never bought a new cobra, have 2 now that am working on because somewhere along the line a Genius had the bright idea to Mod :nono:the car, hence the needs for original parts! Yet to hear a buyer or a collector say "oh wow the car has a KENWOOD radio nice"" So you rip out the original interior and did what" Who can possibly say such things an Idiot!Check the Auctions yet to see a 68 Shelby GT500KR with aftermarket parts sell for the same as the original.:read:Why is that?:idea:

Stinger99

Established Member
Kbillan

you paid 11 grand for your car.
let me ask you a Question.

Say you go out for the night, god forbid your car gets keyed, both sides front to back.

would you paint it and invest 3 grand for a paint job, or just flip it and buy another Cobra?

kbillan

Established Member
EXACTLY ;)

RE== never hear a collector say-- WOW a kenwood..

Or WOW-- i feel comfortable buying a 170k mile BLOWER CAR..

Or 3.73's, and frame ties== cool!! , you babied this thing!!

the car is better off repaired and left alone. Its my opinion.. But your car-- Right now- you can double your money- maybe tripple it.. start molesting and that number goes way down.

Its like your at the slots-- you just scored big- yet you keep playing ;)

Keith

kbillan

Established Member
Kbillan

you paid 11 grand for your car.
let me ask you a Question.

Say you go out for the night, god forbid your car gets keyed, both sides front to back.

would you paint it and invest 3 grand for a paint job, or just flip it and buy another Cobra?

My car already has had paintwork done to it. And truthfully, could use more. Its clean- but far from perfect.

Stinger99

Established Member
Gecko86

I am not gonna turn this in to a argument.

You have your opinion, everyone doe's and you are entitled to it.
I just dont like anyone calling my stuff shit.

But you are double talking yourself.
You say it is crazy for me to dump 8-10 grand in my car and restore it but, you are restoring 2 right now to flip correct.

why would it be a headache for me to do such things.

usually when you buy somthing and make it a investment, you have to count total investment price. from start to finish.

kbillan

Established Member
Gecko86

I am not gonna turn this in to a argument.

You have your opinion, everyone doe's and you are entitled to it.
I just dont like anyone calling my stuff shit.

But you are double talking yourself.
You say it is crazy for me to dump 8-10 grand in my car and restore it but, you are restoring 2 right now to flip correct.

why would it be a headache for me to do such things.

usually when you buy somthing and make it a investment, you have to count total investment price. from start to finish.

his cars didnt need 8-10k put into them.

and he is not talking about pounding on them for 20 years..

I want the car from a collectors point of view. I want to tear the car apart-- restore it-- for ME-- not for investment. It will take YEARS... and will be done with minimal monetary investment.

Stinger99

Established Member
Kbillan
congrats on your car man, but let me turn he tables on you a little.....lol

Why spend 11 grand for a car that needs paint work and had paint work done to it. should of spent the extra $1-1,500 and bought one that did not need it. You could have saved your self a headache.

Stinger99

Established Member
Kbillan
Nooooo, but what did he pay for them, how much he put into to them.
is all that headache worth it for a couple of G's

kbillan

Established Member
Brother- tell me about it.

I flew to chicago to buy the cleanest car i could.. it was explained that way anyway. I arrive, the car not only needs a door to be refinished- but has a 3.73 rear end.

Car is super clean though- aside from the door issue. But once i got to know the car, i see it needs more than just this or that.. and at 10,500-- what i actually paid him- there are better cars out there. But- i have a teal with cloth and no sunroof-- and i love the car. Will i loose money on the car? Nope== as its not for sale.. will i make money on it? Not any time soon.

Stinger99

Established Member
Kbillan.

Congrats on the car man. you wanted it. you bought it. and it is your car to do what you want out of it.

Drive it in good health.

Hey i understand your point of views Kbillan and Somwhat of gecko86 point of view.
Why buy a cobra to mod it. BUT it is my car and my money. I did not buy as a investment. I bought it for a toy. As time goes on and money gets a little looser I will by me a teal, black and another red one, AND I WONT MOD THEM!!!

kbillan

Established Member
and thats cool-- thats what you want to do, so be it.

I was merely saying-- today, before you start pulling a tugging-- i would be interested in giving you a nice profit for the car. BEFORE- you start messing around, and get tired of it.. and then sell it..

The way im seeing it- you paid 1500== you put even 4k into it-- you might see 5500.00 for the car. Considering the miles. Seems like a waste of time.

I passed on a Black GT in condition not too unlike this one-- all stock, needed some work.. etc.. but ZERO rust... he wanted 7500= i had him ready to accept 6k. I drove 5 hours to see the car.. and came home-- it honestly wasnt worth 6k to me, with 122k on it... Now that i have a clean car-- a rough one is what i want. Red/black is preferred.

So-- if you decide that the task is just going to be too involved-- and you would rather pick up a nice 7up car or triple white vert... or GT.. hit me up. I just so happen to have a bit of money laying around that i could foolishly spend on another car i dont need ;)

throw my money with a little more of yours, and youll have a VERY clean car- that is ready to do what you need== be bad ass. And ill have my lame stocker ;)

KB

kcp203

Established Member
I'm amazed at how nasty some of the comments towards Stinger have been. Seems kind of uncalled for, even if you don't agree with his thinking.

On the other hand, Stinger has taken some of the comments much more personally than he should have. Many members here have a lot of experience with projects like yours, specifically with Cobras. You might want to listen to some of the advice, as it can save you a lot of $ in the process.

As for me, I'm one of the idiots who bought it new for $21,000 and paid registration and insurance for the last 16 years. ;)

Stinger99

Established Member
Kbillan

I have exactly what i want RIGHT HERE.

And if i ever get bored of it, Ill drive my LX around, and if i get bored of that, they will both be tucked away in the garage and ill drive my truck.

Either way you look at it, I came out on top.

Stinger99

Established Member
kcp203

I never said idiot, If i could have afford the cobra 16 years ago, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.
The only thing i took personlly was the shitbox comment.

I have nothing but time for this car.

brianz426

Established Member
Stinger, That is a great price for a great car. Enjoy it and don't worry about all the negative comments, I think some of these people are jealous.

Users who are viewing this thread