My new 5.4 Aluminum engine is up & running

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
I am not sure if Jim has released the official pricing yet, so I am not sure what they are going to be. I got the 2 vavle and Vinnie gets the 4 valve, and that should be a Monster. Be careful about buying just an Aluminum block as there are many changes you will have to make. Before you buy check with JimIII for all you got to do, and it might be easier to buy one that is setup for our engines.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
The World block should be ready to go if they ever get them to market. I had heard that they weren't ready as promised and they are very pricey-@ 4500 for just the block.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
1FasTStanG said:
how much did that block cost?, if u dont mind me asking.

If we have to ask, it's one of those "Call for Pricing" deals. :-D

Ford Racing sells the cast iron block for a quarter of what the 5.4l GT block goes for, listing the price for the aluminum block at about US$2,000.

I've been planning this myself, looking at Crower or Lunati cams and ported heads. The GT block is dry-sump oiling, so the lube system is different, and the motor mounts have to be monkeyed with.
I'm thinking of staying with the iron block and just going from there, looking for a modified street version of the "Fridge" Lightning that was featured in the MM&FF Truck articles.

I have to get out of Iraq first, though. :fm:

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
Man you keep your head down and bring yourself back here in one piece. There are many options to choose from and I think now that the engine programs are moving forward we will see alot of changes in the future.

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
Picked up a couple of picture from JimIII/Vinnie

4334-6951-144024.jpg
4334-6951-144023.jpg
4334-6951-144022.jpg
1221-1662-125848.jpg
1221-1662-125849.jpg

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Were are the pictures at? That thing sounds like it's a beast. Can't wait to see what it lays down at the dyno vs. your old motor.

Billy@MSX

Banned
Do you know how jdm is getting past having no starter provision in the block due to the gt having the starter in the bellhousing. Machining provision in the block or custom bracket ??

booger

Established Member
54lmach said:
Do you know how jdm is getting past having no starter provision in the block due to the gt having the starter in the bellhousing. Machining provision in the block or custom bracket ??
The casting is there but it has too be cut out so its a bolt on.The real trick was making it wet sump.JDM kicks a$$

Users who are viewing this thread